some old corps photos

Is everyone else seeing a "remote linking" icon showing up instead of photos?

It is weird...I posted three pictures..all from the same source and one of them is ok and the other two are not??

It is weird...I posted three pictures..all from the same source and one of them is ok and the other two are not??

That's strange. Hopefully a mod can answer that question for you!

Actually, the first one is hosted at tripod.com. The second and third are at bravehost.com.

That's strange. Hopefully a mod can answer that question for you!

I'm not a mod, and I don't play one on TV. If you are viewing it on the same machine you posted it from, it's cached in your browser memory. I get the no remote linking graphic as well.

Isn't that blond snare (3rd from left) Lyle Mikolanz ??? I know he marched Toopers in '79 'cause he marched with me in '80. :glare:

John

Nope - not Lyle. He was in the line with me in 79 and this photo is not that year. Looks like 78 to me.

Gabe became head Drum instructor, BJ and Donna were both in the tenor line in 79.

Actually, the first one is hosted at tripod.com. The second and third are at bravehost.com.

Yes, I am obviously aware of that...but both are remote hosting sites..so what is the difference?

c'mon, moderator, speak to us.

bravehost doesn't allow remote hosting of pics... probaby a bandwith control...

tripod does... for whatever reason,,

two different hosting companies,, two different policies..

simple really

SOOO>>> Wheres the pic ot the shortest drummer that was so promiced?...I am betting its RC!!

SOOO>>> Wheres the pic ot the shortest drummer that was so promiced?...I am betting its RC!!

I remember seeing the pic of '71 SCV snare line with the "shorty" in the CYO Nationals program book. Can you imagine a 14 year old kid marching with a national contending drumline in the days? Rob was a competitor of the highest caliber and one of Fred Sanford's finest students. A true gentleman and superb - absolutely superb national champion snare drummer.

I know he worked for Remo for a while after aging out in 1979. Does anyone know what ever happened to him? I wish him nothing but the best wherever he is.

I remember seeing the pic of '71 SCV snare line with the "shorty" in the CYO Nationals program book. Can you imagine a 14 year old kid marching with a national contending drumline in the days? Rob was a competitor of the highest caliber and one of Fred Sanford's finest students. A true gentleman and superb - absolutely superb national champion snare drummer.

I know he worked for Remo for a while after aging out in 1979. Does anyone know what ever happened to him? I wish him nothing but the best wherever he is.

Wasn't he a rep for Stingray also?

He came by for a rehearsal during Nightfire's first aborted season in 94 and seemed to appreciate what we had done with such a small group, but he was unable to make any drums happen (which would've been nice, as we and the school had NONE)