some old corps photos

Hi Lee... :laughing:

Hi, Mike...

How's things?

I played around with the color balance and adjusted it a bit:

kmen74.jpg

One of the best shots of the K-men ever!...I can almost feel the excitement of that staccato prance forward with the cleanest dotted notes ever played by a drum corps!...go ahead...say I'm wrong!......I was there in 74 watching and I know the crowd reaction....it was total jaw dropping and it took a little while for the claps to begin because this move took them all OFF GUARD!....there should be an award for the single most "hair raising" moment in DC history....I think this would get the nod!

photobucket error... hmmm...

Edited by GGarrett

"Is it soup yet?"

"No, it's still water"

I remember this well! Sadly, it applied more than just in 1976!

So.....how did you rate? :laughing:

Not as good as some, better than most -- you've seen my press, right?

Guess who this DCP hottie is?

2corpsphotos8024.jpg

Haha, jk. :huh2:

Many of the snobby girls complained but it was all in good fun!

Thanks for askin'!

Not as good as some, better than most -- you've seen my press, right?

Haha, jk. :huh2:

Many of the snobby girls complained but it was all in good fun!

Thanks for askin'!

Heh....I remember the Dolphin shorts all the guard girls wore in 84...had to looooove the 80s!! :laughing:

They would have been great...if their rifle lines hadn't been so wussy and girly.

SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!

Get 'em, girls!

One of the best shots of the K-men ever!...I can almost feel the excitement of that staccato prance forward with the cleanest dotted notes ever played by a drum corps!...go ahead...say I'm wrong!......I was there in 74 watching and I know the crowd reaction....it was total jaw dropping and it took a little while for the claps to begin because this move took them all OFF GUARD!....there should be an award for the single most "hair raising" moment in DC history....I think this would get the nod!

You are so correct, not to mention a smallish hornline, look at the spread, and the mace walk was something even their biggest competitors had to say was just an awesome moment. So perfect for what they were playing, and so perfect for them.

They were the "secret" corps I wanted to march with when I was in 2-7. Everyone had that one corps you admired and if things aligned right you would have marched with.