some old corps photos

I think that this is from '77. If I remember correctly, in '78 the color guard wore a white Cossack style tunic with a red ribbon around the neck. (Along with the rest of the uniform of course. :worthy: )

But she has a scimitar, I don't remember the '77 show, but I don't think there was scimitar/sabre dance . . . could this be from early in the season before a uniform change?

Crossmen, 1991 DCI finals:

1991crossmen1.jpg

(photos by Bonnie Harmon)

Hey, there's me! :worthy: I think this is my first photo in this thread! There is a girl standing on the "5" and I am the one behind her. This is a transition photo just after we broke out of making some sort of stretching "S" which is why the right side looks like a traffic jam..... Missy (the one on the 5) and I were the pivot points.

Edited by kac

Hey, there's me! :worthy: I think this is my first photo in this thread! There is a girl standing on the "5" and I am the one behind her. This is a transition photo just after we broke out of making some sort of stretching "S" which is why the right side looks like a traffic jam..... Missy (the one on the 5) and I were the pivot points.

Best Crossmen show ever (Sorry Mellisa, LOL)

Geoffrey

One of the reasons why I enjoy this thread so much. It's great to make photos of corps available to people that they've never seen before (and in which they get to see themselves during a performance). I've had that experience in this thread too, and it's just so darned cool! :worthy:

I think that this is from '77. If I remember correctly, in '78 the color guard wore a white Cossack style tunic with a red ribbon around the neck. (Along with the rest of the uniform of course. :worthy: )

I think you're right. Seems to me this came out in a '78 issue of Drum Corps World, but it was actually from '77. I liked that photo so much that I cut it out and saved it in my '78 scrapbook. Here 'tis:

freelancers2.jpg

These are from '78:

freelancers1.jpg

freelancers3.jpg

Edited by byline

:smile:

Man I would have liked to jam with you guys...

Bring your sticks the next time you're in So Cal. We're always looking to get together and play some notes :huh2: .

Spent a little while trying to find some old St. Joseph Patron Cadet photos - not many but this is from either '66 or '67.

ST.JOES1967.jpg

Color Presentation

Puppet

Now that's an old picture!!!

LOL

Spent a little while trying to find some old St. Joseph Patron Cadet photos - not many but this is from either '66 or '67.

ST.JOES1967.jpg

Color Presentation

Puppet