some old corps photos

The window handle and lock for the open press box window?

I think that's what Puppet is talking about...we had to open the windows to get clear photos. Also, it was prelims during the day and not many folks around for early prelims. Packed house for the night show.

I really miss this contest...EVERYONE was there and the local TV station would even bring in Rondinaro for the telecast along with a guest commentator from the Mohawk College Jazz Band...this guy LOVED Spirit!

Yes, 1979. I'm out there... snare line, on my mark on the 55 yard line, but it still looks like we had a spacing error there.

Thanks for that picture! I had never seen it! So fun to see one posted you have never seen... :tongue:

Maybe it was those over-size shakos you guys wore, but does it not look like the bass drums wear those drums really low??

The window handle and lock for the open press box window?

:tongue: :tongue: :xmas: :xmas: :rock: :rock: :xmas::rock:

Proving once again there's a little Homer Simpson in all of us!

Puppet

:xmas: :xmas: :tongue::rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Proving once again there's a little Homer Simpson in all of us!

Puppet

:tongue: Usually I'M the one who's feeling like a Homer... it's nice to have someone else on that side for once! :rock:

Love the fact you laugh at yourself once in a while Puppet... :xmas:

Maybe Durham Girls?

AvantGarde0004.jpg

Again, parents took photo. Not sure who this corps is either...all girl..Maybe Markham Collegettes?

Maybe Durham Girls?

Yes,, Durham Girls and the other one was Aurora Ambassadors as well.

If you look right behind the Ambassadors,,,you'd see the Goldend Lions from Simcoe.

Maybe it was those over-size shakos you guys wore, but does it not look like the bass drums wear those drums really low??

At the time, our percussion instructor was Jim Campbell. I remember he and the other techs spending a good hour or so getting the bass line looking "even." It was toughest on the biggest drum carrier, but overall (at the time) we thought it looked cool. They were still wearing straps back then.

Late in the season. After they lost the North snares. With the mounted side drums, one heavy set up. So, did they still have the rule about no wheels on percussion instruments in 81? I know Kilties got around it in 78 by rolling the tympani out and then taking the wheels out.

I'm almost positive that rule was gone by 1980, when BD had conceet timps and Xmen had a vibe on the field. By 83 when I marched it wasn't even an issue. If you look at the start of BD's show on the 81 Whitewater tape you can see their timpani player pulling the drums into place, which I don't thinmk is possible without wheels.