some old corps photos

I'm almost positive that rule was gone by 1980, when BD had conceet timps and Xmen had a vibe on the field. By 83 when I marched it wasn't even an issue. If you look at the start of BD's show on the 81 Whitewater tape you can see their timpani player pulling the drums into place, which I don't thinmk is possible without wheels.

The "no wheels" rule was still in effect in 1981. To get around the rule, Thomas Nanni came up with the idea to put black PVC pipe end caps over the wheels. They were kind of like a cup that was big enough to completely cover the wheel and the bottoms were smooth & slightly rounded so it was relatively easy for me to drag them on the field (also without crossing over the front sideline).

In 1982 the creation of the pit area made the wheel rule a moot point.

TW

Belleville Black Knights

2belleville73.jpg

High mark time. The good old days.

The "no wheels" rule was still in effect in 1981. To get around the rule, Thomas Nanni came up with the idea to put black PVC pipe end caps over the wheels. They were kind of like a cup that was big enough to completely cover the wheel and the bottoms were smooth & slightly rounded so it was relatively easy for me to drag them on the field (also without crossing over the front sideline).

In 1982 the creation of the pit area made the wheel rule a moot point.

TW

That was you? Forgive my enthusiasm, but you frigging ROCKED.

And thanks for the info.

There's our man down front (even tho it's 1982):

Slide71.jpg

AvantGarde0006.jpg

Troopers at DCI Canada, 1979. I had a seat in the press box and even got free hot dogs and cola! More to come...

Great photos! Got any of Oakland Crusaders? We were at Hamilton that year.

Great photo of the Troopers in 1979. Wasn't someone just talking about Ecstasy of Gold and Ghost Riders on another thread. This is where it all began. They played both of these tunes in earlier years, but this was the first year Ecstasy led into Riders. I loved the Troopers in 1979. Back in finals where they belong!

Wayne Monarchs 1974

2corpsphotos9251.jpg

NICE leg lift and rifle angles!

NICE leg lift and rifle angles!

The Monarch girl winter guard was always an excellent guard. They also had a boy guard made up of guys from the horn and drumlines. I was their percussion instructor in 76 and 77.