some old corps photos

Happened in Canadian corps, too . . . because we had U.S. members (myself being one of them). I'll never forget Oakland performing at halftime at an Argonauts game in '78. We were setting up the guard file for the "X" in the closer, "Spanish Dreams," and I saw this snake weaving its way to the centre/55 yardline. My friend, Beth (who, like myself, was from Indiana), was leading the front half of the file, and nobody bothered to tell her about the 55, so of course she marched toward the 50. Then she must've seen our half of the file one yardline over, and so she had to do a radical change of direction to make the set happen .. . . and then the rest of the file followed her. Boy, was she mad!

Man, you Americans are funny...you had to come 400 miles to see a real football field!!

But when Oakland rehearsed at home, did you align the field to U.S. standard? I guess you did...that must have confused the heck out of the Canadian kids...

Here you go, Bonnie in 1980

2corpsphotos9257.jpg

Did you know that now, after 32 years, Bonnie is back on the field with Renegades?

Puppet

Amazingly enough, she's playing timpani.

And the Legend of the Good-Looking Timpanist continues...

Edited by tommytimp

CopyofCommanders1971.jpg

OK...I snuck this one in...1971 Canadian Commanders (senior corps) at Canadian Championships in Ottawa ON. My only national championship moment. I wanted to show Tommy Tymp that he is not the only good looking tymp player in this thread! I'm the one with the beard and the hair...and yes, my back still hurts!

Canadian Commanders were good. I was impressed when I saw and heard them a contests. The uniforms were black pants and orangey-ish shirt that looked awesome under the stadium lights.

Amazingly enough, she's playing timpani.

And the Legend of the Good-Looking Timpanist continues...

oh...she was awesome in 76...got to see and hear BD alot that summer...very talented :-)

Canadian Commanders were good. I was impressed when I saw and heard them a contests. The uniforms were black pants and orangey-ish shirt that looked awesome under the stadium lights.

Thanks Linda...we didn't win a lot of contests but we never lost a party...