some old corps photos

No. It's Fantasia from Connecticut; someone else confirmed it and it matches the program.

How do I know it's not Pioneer? Stay tuned...

Because Sacajawea got upset with them at the Pacific Ocean and left. Thus, they couldn't find their way back to Wisconsin?

At least, that was on the Simpsons last night...

Edited by apoch003

The birth of the VK style. My personal favorite of their uniforms.

Slide17.jpg

Oh man, that sure brings back memories...

I taught the VK Brass section in 1982. We were at a camp in May, at Oceanside HS. The drums were late to runthroughs, and when they showed up, they were wearing uniforms. But these were no uniform any of us had ever seen. It seems that the head percussion instructor had gotten uniforms made without telling the rest of the staff.

And we hated them.

We called a staff meeting, and after a bit of back and forth, Greg Clarke (from Bayonne) said, "We should just wear Hawaiian shirts." Someone else said it wouldn't look worse than what we had seen. Our fearless leader, Jack Bevins, told us we could do what we wanted, with a budget of $3500 to outfit the entire corps.

So we divided it up. I was on uniform tops. Charlie Groh and I took two corps members (Andy Cross and Craig Root) and went to the fabric store, where we found the material you see in this picture. Why did we choose it? Because it was on sale for 75% off!

We got the hats from K Mart ($1.98) and the pants from a surplus store. Shoes were donated by Vann's. And we came up with a uniform that rocked the world. And was machine washable.

So we divided it up. I was on uniform tops. Charlie Groh and I took two corps members (Andy Cross and Craig Root) and went to the fabric store, where we found the material you see in this picture. Why did we choose it? Because it was on sale for 75% off!

We got the hats from K Mart ($1.98) and the pants from a surplus store. Shoes were donated by Vann's. And we came up with a uniform that rocked the world. And was machine washable.

Oh man love "do what ya can with what ya got" stories from corps. Shades of Rochester Phoenix (Sr) who supposedly outfitted their new corps with JC Penney work coveralls topped with homemade sash and Aussie hat.

And like VK they also rocked the corps world....

Yay!! What a pal what a pal!!! :P

I'm second snare drummer in from the 50... with the cool look on my face. B)

Cool look on your face? More like a look of terror....tick tick tick. :P :P

Just kidding Geno, you look mean and lean !!

The following few posts will be from my 1986 collection. The first picture ... I need some help with. I'm not sure who they are ... anyone have an answer?

unknown.jpg

Railmen

1986Railmen.jpg

PR Cadets

1986PRCadets.jpg

Bluecoats

1986Bluecoats.jpg

Oh man, that sure brings back memories...

I taught the VK Brass section in 1982. We were at a camp in May, at Oceanside HS. The drums were late to runthroughs, and when they showed up, they were wearing uniforms. But these were no uniform any of us had ever seen. It seems that the head percussion instructor had gotten uniforms made without telling the rest of the staff.

And we hated them.

We called a staff meeting, and after a bit of back and forth, Greg Clarke (from Bayonne) said, "We should just wear Hawaiian shirts." Someone else said it wouldn't look worse than what we had seen. Our fearless leader, Jack Bevins, told us we could do what we wanted, with a budget of $3500 to outfit the entire corps.

:ph34r::wub::wub: x 1,000.000!!!!

The following few posts will be from my 1986 collection. The first picture ... I need some help with. I'm not sure who they are ... anyone have an answer?

Bluecoats

1986Bluecoats.jpg

Thanks for the 1986 Bluecoats pic. This was my one year in the pit. This is the drum solo, and I'm on the first set of keys next to the 50 playing an old set of vibes.

Thanks for the 1986 Bluecoats pic. This was my one year in the pit. This is the drum solo, and I'm on the first set of keys next to the 50 playing an old set of vibes.

I have about 5 more pics from that show ... if you're desperate ... I can scan them.