That's just hilarious! What a bunch of stuck in the muds! hahaha!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just hilarious!  What a bunch of stuck in the muds! hahaha!

That's OK...you still don't get what WE mean......

(just a question, please don't take offence...your bio states your TOTAL time is 10 years? (1978-1988?) ACTIVE in Drum Corps? by that I do NOT mean you, or anyone,would have to had to be involved with a Corps or marching longer than 10 yrs...Like I said....just a question)

In all of my years in Drum Corps, I've worked at getting along with "most" of the people IN and OUT of Drum Corps,and I hope to "get along" with you,and the rest of the DCP "family".....

"A man of Integrity expects to be believed, and when he's not, he lets time proves him right"......I'm working at living these words.

We ALL have a rep, and Fran's has been "crystal" with ME,I've known, marched, and lived with him (and he needs NO ONE to speak for him),my attempt here is to help a fellow Drum Corps fan,to understand the Sunrisers, past and current.

Maybe you don't understand.....and THAT'S OK

If I've offended you,than please except my appoliges.....

(and AGAIN,these are MY opinions,and mine alone)

Tony B)

Edited by TennTux

Only us Sunrisers know the importance of keeping our songs out of public view.

*edit - I know that most of the drum corps population knows the importance of keeping corps songs secret, but the Sunrisers, like alot of other corps, hold a level of class that IMO would be tarnished if some of those songs made the light of day.

Yes, we all have stuff that is either not fit or to personal to print.

Yes, the "make it anonymous" posts are getting a little repititious.

Hey the songs you are so worried about, most likely, provide the same feelings in your fellow corpsmen, which is why you haven't seen them here, and won't see them.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread ...

Calling for Old Corps Songs - clean up / substitute characters for the filter, feel free to embarrass yourself, but don't change the corps' rep (good or bad).

Having known and talked to both jaminben and Fran I can see both sides. Ben is kind of like me and would get a good laugh from hearing the old stuff. Especially stuff directed toward us. But Fran is worried about Suns rep and that worry is compounded because Sun is trying to rebuild the corps. The last thing they need is to look bad in anyones eyes. Having been in a rebuilding corps I could just image what "Uncle Larry" (Hershman) would be saying if this was going on in the mid 70s. Excuse me, I can just image what Uncle Larry would be screaming.... :worthy:

Correct me if I'm wrong guys....

And watch it Ben, you marched with Frans wife ^0^

Not sure what you mean? The bio has the years I marched as well as what I played. The off years were spent teaching (both Corps and Bands)

Truthfully, I consider the 85 season as my "retirement". The 88 season was just a whim after seeing the Bucs at the Hershey show, and how pathetic they were at that point, A few of us decided to help them along and attempt to retain DCA Status.

I'm not MAD at anyone, nor do I think any less of the "Lon Giland" boys. (the were actually one of the few corps I COULD listen to back in the daze) I'm looking purely for the Historical nature of the corps songs and am very curious of what people sang about US more than anything else, but if I see something that pertained to someone else, GREAT!

(and careful, if you guys #### ME off I have a timpani case full of doves, and I'm NOT afraid to use them!)

The anonimity is purely for those that DO wish to contribute but remain anonymous

(either they are still active, decided that they do NOT want people to know that they have ever participated in such ribald revelry, or have become some sort of ordained minister, and it would be a major embarrasment ...I think the new Pope marched with the Skyliners back in the 50's, if I'm not mistaken) But that's just a service we provide! Sort of like Dragnet, the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

I think most people would have a great laugh at what the other corps were singing about them (WE even used to sing the old "bucs" song when I marched there)

It's all in fun...and as I said before, if you don't want to participate pass on the forum, don't post, walk away..it's a free country, Just don't make a national issue out of it!

Why not post your "Corps song"? (well unless it has the secret combination to the lock on the corps truck)

That's OK...you still don't get what WE mean......

(just a question, please don't take offence...your bio states your TOTAL time is 10 years? (1978-1988?) ACTIVE in Drum Corps? by that I do NOT mean you, or anyone,would have to had to be involved with a Corps or marching longer than 10 yrs...Like I said....just a question)

In all of my years in Drum Corps, I've worked at getting along with "most" of the people IN and OUT of Drum Corps,and I hope to "get along" with you,and the rest of the DCP "family".....

"A man of Integrity expects to be believed, and when he's not, he lets time proves him right"......I'm working at living these words.

We ALL have a rep, and Fran's has been "crystal" with ME,I've known, marched, and lived with him (and he needs NO ONE to speak for him),my attempt here is to help a fellow Drum Corps fan,to understand the Sunrisers, past and current.

Maybe you don't understand.....and THAT'S OK

If I've offended you,than please except my appoliges.....

(and AGAIN,these are MY opinions,and mine alone)

Tony  B)

Edited by Jaminbenb

i have heard Suns songs. i think they're great. The song about Westshore had me rolling. come to think of it, so did Cru's

(and careful, if you guys #### ME off I have a timpani case full of doves, and I'm NOT afraid to use them!)

I think the new Pope marched with the Skyliners back in the 50's, if I'm not mistaken)

Yeah but them #### doves don't fly... (And I saw it from the stands :P )

Not the Pope, but Mr Greenjeans joined Sky in the '70s. Not kidding, DCW actually had a picture of Mr G and the Captain saying that. Wish I saved that pic.. :(

And I'd like to see the songs about Westshore also. If not posted at least an IM or email will do. Surprised I haven't heard any from the green guys I'm with now. :P

Yeah but them #### doves don't fly... (And I saw it from the stands  :P )

For Jim,

And I saw "it" from, on the field  :sshh:

Not the Pope, but Mr Greenjeans joined Sky in the '70s. Not kidding, DCW actually had a picture of Mr G and the Captain saying that. Wish I saved that pic.. :(

And I'd like to see the songs about Westshore also. If not posted at least an IM or email will do. Surprised I haven't heard any from the green guys I'm with now.  :P

For Ben,

And as for the "timpani case, full of doves"......glad to see you still have sence of humor.....and have learned something....Doves don't fly at night! (and judges can't catch them)

Tony B)

never lost the sense of humor! Always take things with a grain of salt, not a grain of sand!

I STILL can picture the chief judge with his weapon out aimed at the poor dovey!

For Ben,

And as for the "timpani case, full of doves"......glad to see you still have sence of humor.....and have learned something....Doves don't fly at night! (and judges can't catch them)

Tony  B)

God bless (and rest) Walt Kelly. After Walt shot a bunch of times my mom asked "What happens if he runs out of blanks before the end of the show?". All I could think of was, "Ahhhhh, beats me".

That was my first year out and it hurt to see the corps on the field without me being there. But oh #### did it look funny. And yeah the Sunrisers looked highly PO'ed. I was also swearing under my breath "Hurry up and pick up those feathered #### machines before you get penalized".

Following year Westshore sold a hooded sweatshirt with their souvies. On one of the shoulders there was a drawing of a dove with the number 5 (5th place) on the wing. Too bad I got too fat for it and gave it to Goodwill many moons ago.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari