Gettysburg Show

As for changing the uniform....I have to agree with the traditionalists.  It's a perfect uniform, why mess with it.  It's been perfect for 50+ year.  Classic, classy, clean, and stylish in any generation.  I would say the same thing about the Devils old uniform style (their Fred J. Miller look is tired, common, and panders to marketing instead of a quality look.....I digress).

Don't forget, it's only velcroed on...and only intended for this year's show.

I'll give it some time before giving it a thumbs up or down.

Mike

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, it's only velcroed on...and only intended for this year's show.

I'll give it some time before giving it a thumbs up or down.

Mike

Nice posts and reviews...out of curiosity, any word on the soloists for the Crossmen and Cadets? Anything to look out for?

I am pretty excited about the show design of the Cadets and cannot wait to see a performance. While in a different light from the "Boogie Woogie" and "Moondance" tunes, this is a show we can all relate to. From time to time, we have all had a dream, a nightmare, or any combination of the two in night's sleep. It'll be need to see it played out on the big turf canvas.

Nice posts and reviews...out of curiosity, any word on the soloists for the Crossmen and Cadets?  Anything to look out for? 

I am pretty excited about the show design of the Cadets and cannot wait to see a performance.  While in a different light from the "Boogie Woogie" and "Moondance" tunes, this is a show we can all relate to.  From time to time, we have all had a dream, a nightmare, or any combination of the two in night's sleep.  It'll be need to see it played out on the big turf canvas.

I've heard the show and there is a sweet bari solo in the Cadets show.

how good is it? like a championship contender possibly? give details!!!

how good is it? like a championship contender possibly? give details!!!

Well first... The Gino hornline is really good... Lots of energy. I don't care for how the Kill Bill section ends but I'm sure that will change... its more of a flow issue.

As far as I can remember the second section is typical Cadets.. Fast, and rocking and one nice bari solo

The mic'ed section is two drummers dulling in drum speak and I can't belive I actually liked it. First time a mic'd section add something to a show for me.

The closer is basicly Madea... and the closing lick is very cool.

This is all can remember for now.

As far as is it good or not... I liked it and can't wait to see it.

Edited by bssop97

Crossmen show is very much patterned after last year's Crown show.  Doesn't seem like a finalist-bound design. 

I am sure the kids are working hard... and the long closer should prove popular as the summer rolls on... .. :)

Cadets unis are terrible.  First of all - it's a travesty to change their uniforms.

.  But corps is extremely challenged and obviously talented.  They were light years ahead of Xmen in all aspects

not quite a crown pattered show.

just because they are playing a rock classic , there is no simularity.

look deeper please.

heard the mp3 from memorial brass. very finalist material.

cadets uni's do look cheap.

LL

Tacky? yes...

Effective? of course...

These are mutually exclusive ideas. If something is tacky, it cannot be effective.

not quite a crown pattered show.

just because they are playing a rock classic , there is no simularity.

look deeper please.

LL

So that's what George thinks? Just because they (Crossmen) are playing a classic rock tune they are copying Crown??? :worthy: Oh My! I guess Crown copied A LOT of drum corps in the past when MANY played rock tunes as a norm. :sshh:

These are mutually exclusive ideas.  If something is tacky, it cannot be effective.

I'm afraid that is only a matter of opinion. Plenty of Drum Corps have been able to pull off effective moments with tacky gimmicks, ideas. Several corps come to mind...but I'm not going to name any becuase I'm not the troll type :)

These are mutually exclusive ideas.  If something is tacky, it cannot be effective.

HU UH!... just ask George Michael and Andrew Ridgley of Wham!... they were tacky and effective...

boo yah!