Long Beach Review

Thanks for the review, Ryan. It was disturbing to read (particularly SCV...what the heck?!), but if that's what you saw, I'd prefer you write it the way you saw it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was disturbing to read (particularly SCV...what the heck?!)

It was disturbing to write.

But you're welcome.

2 weeks until my next read on this stuff. I am betting on my attitude changing quite a bit.

But we'll see. :rock:

Actually....I finally saw SCV from the 50 yard line at Westlake Village tonight....maybe it's something a horn guy wouldn't pick up, but they seemed AWFUL good on matched grip...but LORD are those snares hung low...

Actually....I finally saw SCV from the 50 yard line at Westlake Village tonight....maybe it's something a horn guy wouldn't pick up, but they seemed AWFUL good on matched grip...but LORD are those snares hung low...

Vanguard was like a different corps tonight ... I almost didn't believe it, especially after the clinic.

The drum line was on, but they've still got a lot of cleaning to do. At least they were selling the show, big time, tonight.

Flag on the play for tasteless GR comment. 

221.gif

Half the distance to the goal. :sshh:

I missed this question earlier, and sorry if I came across that I was ignoring your question.  Yes, they are in black leotards.  I find that personally a gigantic step down the class meter for an organization like SCV.  That had BETTER NOT be their "costume" for the summer.  I highly doubt it is, but it sure better not be.  I can only assume whatever they're wearing wasn't ready.

Cadets apparently had the same problem, because when I saw them in Evansville, they were wearing black leotards, too.

i had the chance to see them while i was in bakersfield last week. not at the show, but at the high school they were practicing at.

i didnt get to see a uniformed run through, but after it was done, i had the chance to talk with Stew for a few moments. found that the gaurd had completely relearned all new work for the 3 movement (if my memory serves me right) and i think that this could be the reason for the drop off.

i thought that the brass sounded good for the time of year, especially since they have not gone to "higher" ground for air training yet ;)

anyhow, its a bummer to have a let down at a show, this i know. but how could we truely discern how everything will place so early?! and then get all worked up about it as if there is something that we could do about it.

besides, if every person out there that was saying what place a corp would take this early in the game was even half right, wouldnt they be winning the lottery all the time, or at least half of the time??? and they would probably have million dollar books out there and be on Oprah! :P

just like eveyone else. just my oppinion.

Yeah.  :rock:  Like when SCV won it all in 1981. Using matched grip. 

Yeah.  <_<

Mike in OH

Joke...it was a joke.

You can tell by this thing... :P at the end of the post.

:lolhit: