Pieces never done by Corps

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-XYZ 

-Fairwell to King all of these selections from RUSH.  Love to see a corps do an entire Rush show.

It's YYZ, the airport code for Pearson International in Toronto, the hometown of Rush.

• 1 month later...
Oh oops... I meant a GOOD corps... muahahaha  :sshh:  ^0^

I feel really bad for you man...

A ) you are a young person and it doesnt seem that you have marched yet, which i feel everyone deserves the opportunity to march...

B ) being in california you have never had the opportunty to see Southwind which would really negate your opinion (btw negate means that it doesn't count)...

C ) Attitudes like that will probably keep you from ever marching because your pride will say that you won't march in any corps if it isn't a corps that finished in atleast ____ place... I know too many people that make that same mistake... I have a handful of college friends that don't march each summer because they go to audition for the cavaliers and don't make the final cut...

D ) I believe if you read the show reviews... many people felt Southwind was their favorite show this year.. the same year we played this music you wanted to hear so badly... kinda contradicts your statement there...

So no I'm not angry that you decided to bash my corps.... I pity you.

Edited by SWEuph04

For those people who may not have seen Southwinds show this year, they did an amazing job. They are a wonderful corps who were maybe a little underated this year in my opinion. Their show had a really nice flow, great musical selections, and some awesome drill.

As far as music that has not been performed on the field, is the musical "Quilt: A Musical Celebration". Our community theatre performed this a couple of years ago, and wow- there is some amazing music in this show!!!!!

I have not been able to find a recording of this show, but I am still looking. If you find it somewhere, check it out, and let me know where you found it, so I can buy a copy too!!!!

How about something by Ralph Vaughan Williams?

Freelancers 1991 opened with Hodie. Awesome composer. Lots of his music would translate well to the field in my opinion.

Oh oops... I meant a GOOD corps... muahahaha  :sshh:  ^0^

Trust me, Southwind is good. If you have never seen or heard any of their shows, you really are missing out.