The Anti-Narration BD Thread

Now that we've all heard the BD show, I thought I'd help out all those anti-narration people out, by starting this thread. Here, you can all post your rants about their narration...

I just assume that you would all be 20 times as infuriated by BD, because there's so much more narration.

Or is their 11-minute narration ok, because they aren't the Cadets?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we've all heard the BD show, I thought I'd help out all those anti-narration people out, by starting this thread.  Here, you can all post your rants about their narration...

I just assume that you would all be 20 times as infuriated by BD, because there's so much more narration.

Or is their 11-minute narration ok, because they aren't the Cadets?

**tiptoes toward the door**

Okay, like I said WEEKS AGO when this was talked about BEFORE they went to Europe. I don't like it.

But, thanks for taking the high road and making the pro-amp people look like little angels.[/sarcasm]

Actually, alot of the anti-amp people have been saying, "You know, I actually like BD's narration!"

Sorry, you missed my sarcasm. That's what I meant. Apparently, from what I've read, Cadets narration=bad, BD narration=good. Now that I hear it, I'm not sure why.

BTW- I'm not anti-amp or anti-narration

(edited: because I can't spell after such a stress-filled evening)

Edited by sardomus

I am trying to keep an open mind regarding the use of amplified voice. However, I was extremely displeased with the Blue Devils Kalamazoo performance. Although the speaker had a nice voice, I found the narration to be distracting, boring and redundant. It is not funny nor does it give the audience any information that is not already being displayed by the color guard. It is far worst than any of the amped stuff last year.

QT

ONE THOUUUUUUUSSAAANNNND HOURS!!!!!! :P

YOWZA!!!!

It's terrible. Plain and simple. No better than Cadets. Although BD's narration fits with the theme better than The Cadets, it still detracts from their show. Narrations in BOTH shows need to go. Period.

I liked Seattle's the least..... must be the "presentation"