Indianapolis Night show (SCORES)

Looks like you didn't read my first sentence

No, I did. You just never said the Cadets won Percussion.. You said percussion is the caption the cavies need to clean up to get on top.

Cheers, :worthy:

Sean

w/Stp:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)

I hope you realize it was just a joke..  frankly I was hoping to point out how "classy" the original statement was by putting the shoe on the other foot.

Congratulations on the win tonight.  The next couple of weeks are going to be lots of fun!!

Stef

But of course. . .you're always a classy lady. :) :P

GO PHOR IT PHANTOM!

It's interesting to see such a huge gap from 2nd to 3rd. Around 4 pts or so. Wonder what the biggest gap has been at finals from 2nd to 3rd? I can't imagine it's been 4 pts in a long time. I think that will close. Who will it be to close it? No one knows. But, I can't see Cadets or Cavies winning by that much.

I did some checking.  4 times there wasn't a west cost corps in the Top 3.  And they were 4 CONSECUTIVE YEARS...90-93.  There has NEVER been a yr where there was no west coast corps in the top 5.

Sean

w/Stp:

You are correct, sir.

Not that I've ever hi-jacked a thread before... B)

72, SCV- 3

73, SCV- 1, BD- 24 (BD's first and only year not to make finals)

74, SCV- 1, BD- 9

75, SCV- 2, BD- 3 (first year a non-CA corps wins DCI)

76, BD- 1, SCV- 3

77, BD- 1, SCV- 3

78, SCV- 1, BD- 3

79, BD-1, SCV- 3

80, BD- 1, SCV- 7 (SCV's first year out of the top 5)

81, SCV- 1, BD- 2

82, BD- 1, SCV- 2

83, BD- 2, SCV-3 (end of CA's 7 year winning streak BD-5, SCV-2)

84, BD- 2, SCV- 3

85, SCV- 2, BD- 3

86, BD- 1, SCV- 2

87, SCV- 2, BD- 4

88, SCV- 2, BD- 3

89, SCV- 1, BD- 4

90, BD- 4, SCV- 6 (first year neither corps makes the top 3)

91, SCV- 4, BD- 5

92, BD- 4, SCV- 7

93, BD- 4, SCV- 7

94, BD- 1, SCV- 5

95, BD- 3, SCV- 6

96, BD- 1, SCV- 5 (BD has won every year ending with a "6". Hmmm... Next year maybe??)

97, BD- 1, SCV- 3

98, SCV- 2, BD- 3

99, BD &SCV tie for first

00, BD- 3, SCV- 4

01, BD- 2, SCV- 4

02, BD- 2, SCV- 4

03, BD- 1, SCV- 5

04, BD- 2, SCV- 3

Man I love CorpsReps!!!

Edited by skajerk

Anyone know if Cavies had their new ending in yet?

I saw from DCI Cam they still park and bark for about the last 30 seconds. There are some drill changes prior to that, but park and bark for the ending.

I suppose not. After their loss tonight though, it's probably coming this week I would think. They did it last year after their first loss and I am pretty sure that this is the signal they needed.

Just got back from Indy, not gonna do a full review but here are a few quick impressions

Spirit Not a fan of the Broadway theme but they do a great job with it. Near the end of their show the brass pull off the black cheveron thingy(?) on the front of their uniforms to reveal day glo green underneath. I was told they hadn't done that before.

Glassmen Very enjoyable show although the "attitude" from the guard is a bit annoying.

Blue Knights Well performed but not really that exciting, don't think they will catch Vanguard.

Santa Clara Vanguard Much better than I was expecting could catch 1 or 2 of the corps ahead of them The guard uniform for the men was very classy (women's wasn't bad either)

Boston Crusaders Easily my favorite show from the Crusaders. never been a big fan of theirs but I like this show. Holy Marching Wedgies! whose idea was it to put the guard in tight pink pants.

Carolina Crown Great show all around. Is that a bit of Rutter's Gloria in the opening? don't think I heard any one mention it before, caught be by surprise. I like it.

Bluecoats Love this show but I was distracted by the dropped mute. I think I missed half the show watching to see if someone would pick it up. My loss.

Madison Scouts No doubt about it Scouts are back in the top 5 don't think Bluecoats will pass them but Madison could pass Blue Devils. Carmen was not nearly as distracting as I thought she would be. Great Job. (no soft ending)

Blue Devils It just isn't there for the Devils this year. The brass scores are correct. Show just isn't going to get the job done. Nothing really jumps out this year. Not bad by any strech of the imagination but they are going to struggle to stay in the top 5 I think.

Phantom Regiment WOW I knew I was going to like this show It exceeded my every expectation. The "guest performer" was incredible. The humor from the corps was perfect as was the use of the umbrellas thoughout the show. Plus THEY HAVE DRILL!

Cavaliers Incredible performance from the Cavaliers. The baseball section is great but is way to short. I think what is hurting them in ge is that they are so clean that parts of the show seem sterile It's like watching machines. Love the show.

Cadets Concratulations on a well earned Victory. Thought I would like this show and maybe after a few viewings I will. I miss the old days when the Cadets just did music without all the gimmicks. The performace levels for this corps are so high that they don't need them. Much rather see them innovate by pushing the perfomance levels of what is being done than by pushing rule changes. I would love to see them(and nobody but them) bring back Appalacian(sp?) Spring. No theme no props no gimmicks just music and marching.

I would have placed them

1 Cavaliers

2 Cadets

3 Phantom Regiment

4 Madison Scouts

5 BlueCoats

6 Blue Devils

7 Carolina Crown

8 Santa Clara Vanguard

9 Boston Crusaders

10 Glassmen

11 Blue Knights