Cadets '93

If there were any year I'd put at a tie, it would be '93. I'd put Star '93 on top by .000001, if at all. That said, I LOVE the Cadets' show. For the first 5 minutes of that show, they march at 160+, and maintain exceptional musicanship, and are nearly flawless in in visual, brass, and battery integration. That show was also ahead of its time, IMO. If you have the DVD, go back and watch the contra line of the Cadets. They fly. Come to think of it, watch and listen to the individual sections (guard, brass, perc) in BOTH shows,, keeping in mind both performance and difficulty, and tell me how you can put one ahead of the other, overalll. Tough to judge, IMO.

Greatness. . .nothing else to say.

God, that show is amazing. Great brass book, and that percussion feature... :blink: . It's almost as if Bocook walked right in there and showed them how it's done.

I rate '93 as the best year for quality and entertainment in the top six. I can't say anything about Star or Cadets that hasn't already been said. Phantom, so many highlights in that show and it's almost a shame it had to run up against the two above it that year. Almost any other year that show could have won it. Dev's playing Don Ellis with just an obscene amount of talent in that hornline. Soprano solos that never seem to stop. Cavaliers with a little bit of a championship hangover but still a highly underrated show and great battery. Scouts....Strawberry Soup!!!!!! What a great top six.

I remember seeing that show from the sidelines somewhere in Canada, I think, in '93. I loved it the first time. I never got a chance to see it from the front, but wow, what a great show. We, in Regiment, got real chummy with them that year, sharing snacks and such. It was a great group of people as well.

I still listen to that show all the time.

Fantastic. Could still win today, drill was scary as ####.

If you have the DVD, go back and watch the contra line of the Cadets.

Can I just watch my video instead so I do not have to buy the DVD.