The "BD" forums are not happy with negative

wow - we are a loyal bunch - loyal to corps, loyal to forums, etc...

Obviously it's BD's right to run their forum however they wish - I just guess as an outsider I don't see how his review violated any of the terms of use specifically

If they want only positive comments about BD they should make it a private forum or state that specifically in their terms of use.

I guess I feel badly because he's been such a loyal fan, supporter, hyper of Devils year after year after year - he must feel pretty let down by the organization at this point - not just for the treatment by their forum mod

I guess I don't follow your "not just for the treatment by their forum mod" comment. Are you suggesting the organization has let him down based upon the design of their show in some way? This all seems a tad melodramatic to me. His post was deleted. Sure - get ticked off at the mod, but to extend the disappointment with comments of years of loyalty and dollars spent, etc. etc. is just over the top. It is completely exaggerating the magnitude of a post being deleted on a forum IMHO.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I liked the BD show this year...

The narration is not necessary, and at times it is distracting. There are almost always certain aspects of any show that I would do differently. But I think this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion.

well - obviously "civil" is open to interpretation - but IMO it's a huge stretch to label a negative review as not civil.

There are plenty of negative reviews on the site. I guess they just found his particular review uncivil. "G" already admitted to a good deal of emotion coming through while writing. The post reads a bit like a rant and/or venting in certain areas. The mods made their judgement call... they're usually pretty good at it. No big.

If they want only positive comments about BD they should make it a private forum or state that specifically in their terms of use.

Again, THERE ARE PLENTY OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS POSTED ON THE SITE. Heck, there's a few posts directly to Dave re: a dislike of narration... and they're still there. Take a few minutes to search/read the site, and you'll find your comment baseless.

personally - if I were directing a corps organization I wouldn't host a public forum - but hey - that's just me.

Well, that's one way to solve downtime, dropped connection, and constant throughput problems. B)

BTW, I liked the BD show this year...

Thank you!! I thought I was the only one.

I guess I feel badly because he's been such a loyal fan, supporter, hyper of Devils year after year after year - he must feel pretty let down by the organization at this point - not just for the treatment by their forum mod

Very well put!

I do understand the fact that they are having a lot of people from all over Europe reading and posting so I can understand that part of it.

In the moderators defence though they are not targeting anyone they are just keeping it clean of negativity.

I didn't like my posts being deleted either but I can live with it.

Why would he feel let down by the organization, if not just for their forum mod? I think they sit with a nice 94 right now...not bad.

Mike

They are getting a lot of hits from Europe and they don't want too much negative stuff on there.  I have had posts that were not even negative that got deleted and that is why I inquired.  (ok makes sense)

I have to agree that the brittle backbone is very much a part of it.

They can't handle the truth plain and simple.  I'm not going to open my walet at all this year.

Thats funny........in this day and age, it seems like America is always shutting out international opinion..........now the Blue Devils are shutting out the American opinion..............

very interesting.......

I saw them in Allentown and am interested to see how they place at the end of the week....