Alcohol Sales

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who ever said that having a beer or two once in a while (or any alcoholic beverage) amounts to destroying your liver?  :beer:

you make it sound that anyone who would want such a thing amounts to an alcoholic.  isn't that a bit over the top?  :beer:

actually it sounds like the idiot who sat nmext to me at DCA 2 years ago. I sit down w/one beer and he began the morality lecture. I told him that gee, this one beer would probably be one of two during a 14 corps show, and I wasn't the yelling during shows profanity yelling kind of fan he instantly pictured.

after beer 1, i waited til the half way point to get another. When I came back, I loudly asked him if it was ok if i had #2 since I behaved up to his standards after 1. He began to swear like a drunken sailor, and i asked him if he could stop, he was ruining MY enjoyment of the show.

He left for seats out by the 20

actually it sounds like the idiot who sat nmext to me at DCA 2 years ago. I sit down w/one beer and he began the morality lecture. I told him that gee, this one beer would probably be one of two during a 14 corps show, and I wasn't the yelling during shows profanity yelling kind of fan he instantly pictured.

after beer 1, i waited til the half way point to get another. When I came back, I loudly asked him if it was ok if i had #2 since I behaved up to his standards after 1. He began to swear like a drunken sailor, and i asked him if he could stop, he was ruining MY enjoyment of the show.

Hmm . . . morality lecture, then swearing like a drunken sailor.

No, I don't see any irony with that.

As for me, I'm all for having a good time, but the last thing I want at any sort of public event is to have obnoxious people around me getting intoxicated. Of course, one or two beers is fine, but there's always those couple of guys who make a scene, you know? - :beer: - Why you wanna drink beer when it's hot out, anyway? It dehydrates you.

no one is advocating getting trashed. However someone originally asked about one or two and it was assumed he would be a staggering drunk as the thread wore on

Have you noticed things are getting real testy around here?

Finals nerves? :beer:

1. He began to swear like a drunken sailor, and i asked him if he could stop, he was ruining MY enjoyment of the show.

Being a former Sailor, I resent that remark. :beer: But I will confess that I have had by share of beer, a few never hurt anyone, as long as no one over does it.

Well, as the person who started this thread, I would like to correct everyone. I DO plan to get staggeringly drunk! And I assume everyone else is there to get drunk too, right? I consider the money I spent for CLub Level seats to be an investment in creating a great setting to tie one on. So if you see someone being carried out of the stdium over someone's shoulder, it will be me. :P