Alcohol Sales

So I've been to three big stadiums this year (Louisville, Indy, and Meadowlands) and I have not seen any beer sales. Has DCI decided that it is a "family" activity which means no beer sales? Will there be any in Foxboro? Quarterfinals requires a cocktail, since it is the second longest day in drum corps. Anyone know anything on this one?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No beer at Allentown this year. What is going on?

Hmmmm... I would think it has something to do with the venue.. They were selling the $6 Buds at Orlando this year...

I know in Denver last year, you could buy some beer.

I'm sure a lot of it at the local shows is whether or not the promoter wants to go through the hassle of hiring the extra stadium personnel. I would think at a big stadium like Gilette with as many people that travel out to see it, they'll have alcohol sales.

So I've been to three big stadiums this year (Louisville, Indy, and Meadowlands) and I have not seen any beer sales.  Has DCI decided that it is a "family" activity which means no beer sales?  Will there be any in Foxboro?  Quarterfinals requires a cocktail, since it is the second longest day in drum corps.  Anyone know anything on this one?

Did the Kilties' home show in Racine have beer sales again this year? Actually, come to think of it, that might have been a DCM sanctioned show, under DCI's radar.. :worthy:

lol... beer.

I hope they are selling Dr. Pepper!

~>conner

We had full bar in Club Level last year (Denver). One of the great improvements to drum corps from when I marched, IMO.

I'd be shocked if the were NOT selling beer at Finals. They sold it in 1994, the last time DCI was in Foxboro and there's no reason to believe they will not do so this year. I also recall being able to get beer in Orlando and Maryland at Finals...in any event there will be a TON in the parking lot!!!