Biggest messups in DCA history?

I was wondering who that guy was.I remember in 1986,when I was in Garfield ,this dude comes on the bus and pretty much gives us the same exact speech,minus the Blue Devil part. :P

He was TRULY amazing..... one year...Think it was 89' (Vic???) he drove down to DCA in PA.... well it seems while he was there ...he totaled his car or something...had to take the bus back to CT. With us.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was TRULY amazing..... one year...Think it was 89' (Vic???) he drove down to DCA in PA.... well it seems while he was there ...he totaled his car or something...had to take the bus back to CT. With us.

this probably doesn't count, but does anyone remember a DCA corps in the late 70's doing a "domino" thing where members fell on each other?

my Dad always talks about it when he recounts days gone by and I wonder if anyone can speak to it and tell me what it looked or felt like.

this probably doesn't count, but does anyone remember a DCA corps in the late 70's doing a "domino" thing where members fell on each other?

my Dad always talks about it when he recounts days gone by and I wonder if anyone can speak to it and tell me what it looked or felt like.

I Vaguely remember hearing something about it, only thing I remember is again, Hearing that Bridgemen did it in Birmingham I think Sorry too many beers since then :mmm:

....happenned to Garfield at DCI midwest in 84.That had ta hurt.

SKY did it also leading into the traffic jam

it was a real "row of dominoes" thing

Bush,2003 prelims(I almost fergot,saw it out of the corner of my eye)Muddy field and Holsinger dont always mix.One person fell in the mud pit(read wet infield),and 3 cts later , a contra fell on top.Fortunately,there was a halt or there would have been more.

You're right Jim it was the 1980 American Legion Campionships in Boston.

Reading had gone on early in the show and then the sky opened up with a downpour. The show was stopped and we assumed that that was the end of the night. So we went back to our rooms for a little something to quench our thirst. :mmm: However, after a while the storm had passed and the show resumed.

We were staying in the College dorms at the end of the Stadium, so we had a good view of the field as the contest continued. As I sat at the window finishing off another cold one, Westshore was finishing up their show. In an attempt to play up to the American Legion crowd, Westshore unfurled a GIANT American Flag across the field at the end of their show. Unfortunately, it was upside down AND backwards (the stars were in the bottom right hand corner)! :sshh:

As the beer came out of my nose and slattered all over the window, we developed the Westshore Salute. b**bs It is a left handed, upside down salute which is still exchanged between Reading's 1980 Alumni.

Some things are too funny to make up....

Thanks for the memories WS.

P.S. The Doves were pretty funny too. (Birds don't like to fly at night!!!) :P

Your story of the upside down flag made me laugh so hard it made up for the fact that I personally waited on the field as the judges tried to shoo the birds away by "shooting" at them with the times up gun. I think some of us Sun Alumni from 1980 will also start using that salute at our next reunion! :+)

Your story of the upside down flag made me laugh so hard it made up for the fact that I personally waited on the field as the judges tried to shoo the birds away by "shooting" at them with the times up gun. I think some of us Sun Alumni from 1980 will also start using that salute at our next reunion! :+)

I was in the stands and probably the only person not laughing. I was thinking that Westshore was going to take a penality and that would drop them out of 5th place. FYI - that would be the first time the corps ever cracked top 5.

OK - I laughed when someone yelled "Go get 'em Walt (Kelly)" when Walt was firing the starters pistol. Man, DCN had great shots of that.