Biggest messups in DCA history?

Yup, that's him Fran...... BTW check out the two posts I put in the wrong place on this board: (First couple)

"Rudy Muck Mouthpiece" and "2 DCA Stories" have a couple more I am going to post today as well (in the right place)

PS..... Vic and Liz... What the #### are YOU Guys doing in "Alumni" posting???? Please check out the other two posts at the begining of this thread.....Both are Funny. Gonna post a couple more in the right place under Biggest messups in DCA TODAY!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK here are some more.................. Yes I saw the Doves Debacle Too! Funny! Anyway;

In the late 60's my Dad (SR) taught the Springfield Targets Horn Line... we went to one of their shows at Riverside Park, Agwam MA. Saw the Targets, they did well.... then this other corps was on, I THINK it was the Poughkipsie (SP?) Pacers...... they are in the middle of exit and my Dad starts pointing at this girl in the Color Guard (They were marching a Front off the field). Her panties were now past the bottom of her skirt at mid thigh..... Down further, down further, ........... they got to the goal line and they were around her ankles....... This kid was so good, she stepped out of her panties and kicked them off about 5 feet....made the turnaround WITH The rest of her corps...and finished the show...she left them there too! 60's discipline and all!

Then there were the Fabulous Bayonne Bridgemen! I believe it was 1979 (Big Rich?). It was at the "Dream Contest".... it had rained that morning and afternoon... finally cleared up a little but the field was a mess! Several Juniors came out in civvies as it was NOW an exhibition..... Bayonne was under the stands on the 1st base side...... when they were announced they started the street beat and marched onto the field with NO PANTS ON.... yes, they had the Yellow Coats on too but god was that funny!! At least they wore part of the uniform too! Also one more, can't remember for sure, (Big Rich again?) I think they had a trio in Harlem Nocturne that came out and did their trio in skivvies only! Anyway...LMFAO!

PS..... Vic and Liz... What the #### are YOU Guys doing in "Alumni" posting???? Please check out the other two posts at the begining of this thread.....Both are Funny. Gonna post a couple more in the right place under Biggest messups in DCA TODAY!

Actually..I'm in the Sr. (DCA) Discussion part while Liz is in the ALumni part.... (she likes Alumni parts! ^0^ ) just kidding!! :laugh:

Fred check put "Funniest Performance Moments" thread when you get a chance..there may be one in there that'll DEFINITLY give you a chuckle!

Edited by hurcwave

OK here are some more.................. Yes I saw the Doves Debacle Too! Funny! Anyway;

(DCA doves? As in Westshore's? It's funny now.....<was the Sunrisers DM waiting for the field> The starters pistol was no help either! Tony ;-) )

Then there were the Fabulous Bayonne Bridgemen! I believe it was 1979 (Big Rich?). It was at the "Dream Contest".... it had rained that morning and afternoon... finally cleared up a little but the field was a mess! Several Juniors came out in civvies as it was NOW an exhibition..... Bayonne was under the stands on the 1st base side...... when they were announced they started the street beat and marched onto the field with NO PANTS ON.... yes, they had the Yellow Coats on too but god was that funny!! At least they wore part of the uniform too! Also one more, can't remember for sure, (Big Rich again?) I think they had a trio in Harlem Nocturne that came out and did their trio in skivvies only! Anyway...LMFAO!

Ok Fred, when I get the "posting photos" thing down, I'll post a couple of the Bridgemen's "pantless" show.

OR, go to http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...ic=62667&st=340

Tony B)

PS: If you have a free week (or two), check out the entire thread. (423 pgs) DC history right here on DCP

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...showtopic=62667

Edited by TennTux

Bwahhhhhhhhh F'ing Priceless!!!!! I never knew there were that many Pics either Dah!

Hey, :angry: they even got the trio in the scivs pics too!! :angry: Thanks so much for the link!

Your welcome Fred, and it's right here in our own back yard.....

DC History in photo's!

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...showtopic=62667

Tony B)

Back in 1976 DCA Prelims and Finals were held the same day and things were scheduled waaaay too close. Westshoremen were either on last or next to last in Prelims and came in 11th. In '76 the 11th and 12th place corps did not put on an exhibition, they stood in an arc and played for the microphones after Prelims. We find out we made the record and walk over to where Guelph Royalaires (12th place) are already playing. As we walk up someone says "#### look at all the people waiting to get in". Then we realize that by the time we get done playing there ain't gonna be a lot of time before Finals is supposed to start. And the people need time to get in and seated. :sshh:

Guelph is finished and the guy holding the shotgun mic and running the recording (Jag Giametteo?(sp)) starts screaming at us to get ready. "Running late, etc, etc...". We set up and our sop soloist Jim Wolfe (now with Carolina Gold) starts to play. Two measures into it, the DM and horn instructor Nate Ward stops Jim and gives him a dirty look. Next things you hear (the way I remember it) are:

Nate: Did you empty the spit out of your horn Mr Wolfe??? (Running feud all season)

Shotgun mic guy: What the #### are you doing? We gotta get this done. (With a look like he just crapped his pants)

Nate (with new dirty look): I don't care. THAT'S not going on the recording.

We start the show all over again without any problems. As we walk by the gate it looks like people outside are ready to knock the ###### gate over to get in and they're sounding real ugly.

Always wondered if the "false start" recording was ever saved..... b**bs

I only remember one time playing in an arc right in front of the stands...think it was 87' (The Finals Rainout Year) GOD DID THAT EVER SUCK......no stinkin room on that track....fence in my back...Rain pouring down my face onto my embouchure. I hated PA after that! Just Kidding, I really love PA but I mean I was only ever 1 time at a DCA that wasn't in PA! The 1 and only time was 67' @ Bridgeport (Kennedy Stadium)...

I hope once it's rebuilt we get at least 1 more DCA in CT.!!!!! Just 1 :ph34r:

it's been rebuilt

back in 2000

it's been rebuilt

back in 2000

JFK has ???? "Holy Crap"! Cool !!!! Haven't been to a Barnum since it was in that STUPID Baseball Stadium by RT. 95! Is the new JFK any bigger or smaller.... is it nicer still (2005)?.....Big question IS... ARE THE DOORS STILL ON THE sh$ttER stalls????? do the bathrooms actually have REAL Toilet Paper (Larger than 2.5" X 2.5" ????

Man, I wouldn't even take a shower at that place....always went to somones house in the Valley LOL!!