Show endings/ final moments

Madison 88 is the loudest crowd response I've ever heard. (And well earned, I might add. Holy crap.)

For me, Whitewater 83 does it. We finished our "chords of death," and the place went up. (Warhawk Stadium going nuts for you is a thrill I wish on each and every one of you.) Our manager lit up a cigarette, turned to the crowd, held his hand up to them, and looked back and said, "There you go."

Edited by tommytimp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too familiar with '86 SCV... what was the magic trick, and what was the judge talking about?

1986 was the year SCV really started with the theatrics...costumes, props, etc. The magic trick was indeed the levitation (as was mentioned by a previous poster)...excellent stuff.

Now...the judge's comment was made early in the year at the Stockton Show (Moonlight Classic). Dr. Dave Richards, I believe was the judge, doing GE-Music (as it was called back then). As we were building up to the big push in Great Gate of Kiev, Dr. Dave was commenting that he like the build up, but didn't know if we could sustain it...then, we hit the big push with a solid wall of sound, and Dr. Dave interupted what he was saying to exclaim, "S***...HOLY S***!"

I will never forget that, so long as I live.

How about none of them? I usually am bummed when a show ends. I want MORE!

Well, maybe I was happy to see BD's show end this year ^0^ , so maybe that could be my favorite ending.

Cavaliers 2000

From the geometric drill before the diamond cutters to the wicked crossing drill with the guard with silks coming out of the middle. You can hear the crowd gasp and hoot as each move is made. It is a gasser. b**bs

Wow, there are way too many of these, and most of my favorites have already been listed.

Star 1991 - the crosses were just amazing

Madison 1995 - can't even hear the last 15 seconds or so, just incredible

Cadets 1998 - are they really moving that fast?

SCV 1999 - just raw emotion

SCV 2000 - just more raw emotion, brought a tear to my eyes live

Phantom 2003 - i've never seen quite that much emotion at the end of a show since then

BD 2004 - loved the walking right out of the stadium

And a couple that haven't been mentioned yet..

Boston 2002 - i'm a sucker for an American flag apparently

Cavaliers 2003 - i absolutely loved the reversal of the show's beginning

SCV 2003 - not only did the cymbals get to go on a dead run, but they got to do the chop/jump/whatever you call that thing, and the "V" right in the front of the field. I really get a kick out of that every time i see it.

Edited by murphpuppy37