Best Year Ever

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no one's mentioned 2001. That was my first year as a Drum Corps fan, and I'm going to go with that one. Maybe just because of the incredible memories of seeing my first Drum Corps show (that was the Bandettes, BTW). Perhaps ironically, my favorite show of any year is one I never saw in person - Boston's "Harmonium" from that year. I'll take that one, Capital Regiment's "Chasing the Dragon", and Pioneer's "Irish in the Civil War" over any top 3 from any year since then. Perhaps because I've listened to that year more than any other, but it seems like many of the corps I've seen had my "favorite" show that year. I'm not a big Cadets fan, but I really liked "Juxtaperformance". Phantom's "Virtuoso" show is one that virtually defines drum corps for me, I've listened to it so often. I could go on and on. No year since then has had as many shows that I really liked - and I've been to more shows every summer since than I went to that summer.

I can only suggest my favorite, not necessarily the best.

DCI was really coming into it's own. All the traditions were intact at the same time that there was a push for expanding the creative aspect. In my opinion it was the most balanced year. The instrument manufacturers were following drum corps and not the other way around.

I'm going with 1985 as well. So many great shows, so many great concept shows.

1978 was a great year as well.

I'm going with 1985 as well. So many great shows, so many great concept shows.

1978 was a great year as well.

My favorite year was 1977, What a great year before a lot of corps were washed away forever. First year in Denver, and what a party with Garfield the night after finals. memorable corps that year BAC, SCV, Bridgemen, Blue Star,27th,the Bon Bon's,Black Watch. Oh so many good corps that year...