best site never to host finals

What city would you like to see host DCI finals that never has before?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. What city would you like to see host DCI finals that never has before?

• Charlotte
    • Cincinnati
    • Nashville
    • San Diego
    • Chicago
    • Pittsburgh
    • Seattle
    • Baltimore
    • Bloomington, IN
    • Cleveland

I'd like to see it here in New Orleans...this city sure as heck knows how to throw a party! b**bs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IU grad just cast one very biased vote for Bloomington  B)

And this IU grad just did the same.

Yay, we're beating Cleveland! :P

I think you must be driving in from Indiana, and seeing the southeast corner of the city, Mike. I drive down from the northern burbs every day. Nothing terribly 'third world' about the areas I pass through...

I'm referring to the areas around downtown...even in downtown...that one shouldn't venture to at night or alone. I've been a visitor to the city for so long I just know where to go and where not to go.

And as I did in the previous thread, I would draw anyone's attention to page 87 of the July, 2005 Reader's Digest, where Chicago placed dead last (by a good spread) in the 50 largest metropolitan areas as the dirtiest city in America, scoring a 6.71 to Portland (Oregon), which was first with a 44.00. (Heck, St. Louis, at number 47, scored a 17.00.) To see the full rankings of all 50 metropolitan areas, click this link.

Top 50 Cities

Mike

Edited by Michael Boo

My general impression of Chicago the 3 times I've been was that it was clean *blink*

And as I did in the previous thread, I would draw anyone's attention to page 87 of the July, 2005 Reader's Digest, where Chicago placed dead last (by a good spread) in the 50 largest metropolitan areas as the dirtiest city in America, scoring a 6.71 to Portland (Oregon), which was first with a 44.00. (Heck, St. Louis, at number 47, scored a 17.00.) To see the full rankings of all 50 metropolitan areas, click this link.

Top 50 Cities

Mike

Look at how they come up with their ratings, and you see that they include industrial areas within city limits in coming up with their listing order. Well, I hope it's not a surprise that steel mills, railyards, and heavy manufacturing sites that have all been in operation for over 100 years are not as sparkling clean as industrial office parks built inthe 1990s where they develop software. Chicago, meet San Jose. Mr. Apple, meet Ms Orange....

Aug '05 Outside magazine has Chicago listed as among the best places to live for outdoors minded folks, taking special note of da Mare's 'green initiatives. The listings include average commute times - and while we're 2 or 3 minutes longer than some of the other cities, we're also literally 5 to 10 times as large, geographically, as most of the others in the article. Most visitors to the city remark on how clean the most popular areas of town are - and they're right.

BTW, the featured city on the page opposite Chicago in the Outside article is Portland. Next city after Chicago is Madison. Pasadena is the final city listed. Seems we're in good company...B)

Edited by mobrien

Voted for Nashville. Why not! Nice town with a decent stadium (I'm told). More important it fits my prime criteria because it's not one of the countries' biggest cities.

Thumbs down from me for Chicago and other biggies because their bigness creates heachaches in the form of traffic, crime, etc., that we're better off avoiding. Foxboro wasn't bad because the gravity was closer to Providence than Boston. Years when we went to places like Washington, D.C., are among my least favorite because the headaches to some extent offset the fun.

HH

Maybe we can take San Diego off this list in two years when it hosts DCI World Championships!

It's a great place to visit - not nearly spread out or congested as the greater LA area. Tremendous support for housing sites for all 50+ corps in Div 1, 2 and 3, lots of recreational and "touristy" activities, and if you're so inclined to vist the LA attractions, they're only 2 hours away, depending where you're coming from and going to! Ocean and many great beaches are only minutes away. Tons of reasonable housing 30 minutes from Qualcomm as well.

Qualcomm is a great site for hosting a world-class event - ToC was a rousing success!

Go SD!

Toronto.... can I dream???  They have a dome that opens. :)

Justabout my favorite city that I've ever visited, including Europe!

Would make a FANTASTIC site for both corps AND fans!!

However...........

Being the dedicated Buckeye that I am, and knowing that Drum Corps shows have been held there in the past(albeit long, long ago) My vote and my heart say:DCI IN THE "SHOE"!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Bob Brady