Blue Devils Getting New Unis

What year was that? 1976?

Edited by bluecoats88

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go back to the 94-03 jackets! Plus if BD is smart they should waste (yes WASTE) money on uniforms because the gas prices are whoooooooooosh!

Good !! I dont like these jackets at all. I remember hearing a rumour in 94 about BD "might" be getting new uniforms and cringing thinking that the ones I loved were gone, then July 1st, 1994, Allentown PA. When I saw the walk in from the back corner, then onto the field, my jaw dropped. I instantly fell in love with the new 1994 uniforms.

My experience was pretty much the same. So much so that I HAAAD to come back in 95 to be able to say I wore BOTH uniforms.

I hope I like the new ones because the 04-05 version didnt do it for me.

This also represents my feelings

What year was that?  1976?

Yes, that snare line was affectionately nicknamed "The Wall".

I liked the late-70s early-80s ones. The tux bib was cool.

I hope they don't do just another cookie-cutter design, though I understand why they would want to change the structure and functionality of the uni (easier to clean and put on etc).

blue jacket, fastened at the collar open at the bottom. White plumes, drop sashes and spats. All, to me, instantly Blue Devils.

The 88 and 89 uniforms fitted so well with the feel of the shows but I want BLUE! (and latin jazz!)

On a sidenote there seemed to be a few marching bands in WMC who got their inspiration from the modern Devils uniform.

Go back to the 94-03 jackets! Plus if BD is smart they should waste (yes WASTE) money on uniforms because the gas prices are whoooooooooosh!

Of all the questionable things you've said since joining DCP, I couldn't help responding to this one.

First of all there are two different BD jackets in that time frame, they are very similar, but the jackets from 1994-99 are different from those of 2000-03

"Waste" money on new uniforms because touring will be more expensive due to fuel costs? If BD is smart? How is it wasting money if they already have the jackets? WTF are you saying, do you even know!?

What year was that?  1976?

Yep ... it's "The Wall" ... plus I can see a '76 flag in the background!