Not for DCW Predictions

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see a prediction thread with actual predictions instead of folks getting upset/defensive about people making predictions. It's all in good fun and harmless as long as we treat our corps breathren with respect.

MCL has a bunch of members who have never experienced DCA Championship weekend. I'm going to have fun just watching all the newbies soak it in. My first DCA experience keeps me coming back for more.

Get to the stadium early and see what's happening in Class A. I won't make any predictions about scores, but I guarantee you will see/hear some entertaining corps. I have no idea how Open Class will shake out since I haven't seen most of the corps, but I would like to see CV at least get the 7 spot for their highest placement ever. Best of luck everyone.

if anyone is offended at Adam, find me...I can find him. In fact, I have his cell #

^0^

I, for one, can't wait to visit this "prediction" thread next week.

:P

I have only seen 3 open class senior corps this year, and therefore cannot make any certain qualified prediction on the exact placement, but it is fun to do, even if one has no idea who will really do what.

I know Reading has good shot to win Open Class - and that's about it.

I did like the CorpsVets show in Rockmart - awesome stuff and you guys will deserve your single-digit open class placement - can't wait to party with you guys this weekend... Kilties also impressed me in Racine with selling their show - you can feel the pride they put into it....

Best of luck to our fellow Class A competitors - I hope our common goal should be to display the further evolution of DCA into a competitive, entertaining dual-class show. The growth is very exciting and the better we all do - the better for the activity. Let's compete in a positive spirit - with no ill will, but only goodwill towards one another....I'd rather compete like that - or not at all.

As for us - after all the new work (especially guard) we have done over the past 6 weeks, I can't see us sitting in the stands on Sunday...I just can't. We are light-years beyond early season.

I don't mean to be a homer - but we have come so, so far since our last show in Jackson at the end of July.

No one has seen this show yet - even if you have seen it. What a few people (including judges) have seen before was about 75% of our full show.

After running through it a few times today (after a weekend of tough cleaning) - the sheer excitement - the sound - the motion - everything - I just felt the biggest rush going through me in the end. It rivaled my junior corps performing experiences.

Judges - scores aside - this program is awesome to hear, march and play and I thank the staff for giving us this treasure chest of art to share with everyone this weekend. If they can feel what I do - what everyone in the corps felt this past weekend, the fans are going to have a ball in Scranton.

See you soon - and let's have fun!!

Edited by radiosteele

hey good stuff. Always like to see some predictions without prejudice etc.. Could you clarify for me however the grenadier thing...as in being the best 13'th place corps...grenadiers have been in the top ten for a number of years...they have also been an integral part of many shows...especially rounding out a 4 corps show with 2 to 3 exhibition corps...somtimes with less than 40 marching members(exhibition corps i mean)  always grenadiers have been a welcome addition to many shows and like other corps never breaking even at the bank....Also grenadiers have been one of the longest canadian members of DCA  and I believe they have encouraged other groups to indeed go for the gusto and join DCA...the best 13'th place corps??? I think a fine example of a hard working corps that has overcome financial and geographical obstacles including the pitiful canadian dollar...to manage to entertain and be competitive at the same time......just ask anyone that was in RCA ...the So called senior B circuit...when dca had no time for  outsiders..hmmmmm..matadors, Lancers, Erie, pittsburgh Rockets, Emmaus Sentinals, Cumberland freestatesmen, York White rose, Garden Statesmen, the list goes on!!!!  ^0^  b**bs  :rolleyes:

Clarification? I'll do my best.

My comment basically made that despite being 2 to 3 spots outside of a Finalist position, Grenadiers will have, without a doubt, a finalist quality show. This will be a show that, in other years, would've been a Finalist. It's just a very strong field this year so this will be one of the great shows that will not perform on Sunday. But, as I stated from the beginning, I could be wrong.

Adam Burdett

I love this prediction stuff. I go out on a limb every year. I usually get more right than wrong. Not marching this year, I’m very excited to watch this one from the stands. Here goes…

1st, 2nd, 3rd - Too close to call. Bucs, Bush, MBI will duke it out and I wouldn’t be surprised to see this order change between prelims & finals.

4th, 5th, 6th, - Again, too close to call. SF had the cleanest feet I’d ever seen them have in W/S and they can make a run at top 4. They will have to put on the show of their lives to pass Empire & Brigs. I’m going to be even more wishy-washy and say any one of these corps could really pop one and bump someone out of top 3.

7th & 8th – Everybody is picking Cabs for 7th. I haven’t seen Cabs this year, but I know they’re going to have to be 100% on their game to stay ahead of CV. CV is hungry and they are past due to take what they do on the practice field to a performance.

9th & 10th – Wow! I’m looking at some incredible corps being left out of top 10. Not to mention some dark horses that could upset the whole thing. This is in no order (yet).

Govies could march in with a top 10 show.

Gold has long waited to march on Sunday and they may have the corps to do it this year.

Kilties are no slouches and they know how to get a crowd on their feet.

Hurcs, Sky, Grenadiers, Sun, Cru have been duking it out all season. Any of them could move up.

Then there’s the Class A corps that could challenge for a spot – I already mentioned Govenaires, but MCL may have added what it takes to surprise some people. Don’t count out Alliance or Chops, either.

OK, here’s my official prediction:

1) This will be the best collection of corps I’ve ever seen

2) It’s going to be one heck of a weekend

3) I WILL disagree with the judges

4) The Alumni Spectacular will be the best part

5) I will kick myself for not making it up in time for mini-corps

6) There’s going to be some upsets

7) There’s going to be some corps that are used to being in finals that won’t be

8) At least 8 times I will ask myself if the judges are watching the same shows I am

9) At least 4 times I will ask the person next to me the same question

10) Retreat will go on forever

Wow what a year for DCA. Lots of good Corps. Look at the progress over the season.

Watch out for the two Corps who have improved the most this year, Bush and Sky. They have been very steady in their progress over the season.

This will continue into prelims and you can expect both Corps to make a major push. Can Bush pull off the upset of the undefeated Bucs before all is said and done.

I expect to see Sky finally get the recognition they deserve and once again be lighting up the stadium on Sunday night. They showed at West Haven that they are primed and ready to return to finals.

Good luck too all, it will be one of the most memorable DCA's in a long, long time!