Who will be the next to put the Pitt on the feild?

If I remember correctly, Pioneer had their pit on benches and platforms around midfield back in 2002 for the "Oliver" show. It was actually a pretty creative way to shrink the field size for the small marching numbers and involve the pit members as more 'actors' than standing musical members.

I am a known anti-amper, but...

Given that they are here to stay, maybe it is time to revisit the not-on-the-sideline front ensemble. It would certainly work better for those corps (BD, SCV, PR) that have each board amped with it's own speaker.

Add that to the Cavies concept of each player at one "pod" with everything they need, and it just might work. It may even soften my main problem with the elimination of the cymbal line, notably the lack of impact at the tonal center.

With powered individual stations it could provide interesting drill possibilities, ala the Cadets show where they marched around the trees and park bench ('94?).

Def forget using electronics... so, i am all for it :)

i see bd doing it next :)

I am a known anti-amper, but...

Given that they are here to stay, maybe it is time to revisit the not-on-the-sideline front ensemble.  It would certainly work better for those corps (BD, SCV, PR) that have each board amped with it's own speaker.

Add that to the Cavies concept of each player at one "pod" with everything they need, and it just might work.  It may even soften my main problem with the elimination of the cymbal line, notably the lack of impact at the tonal center.

With powered individual stations it could provide interesting drill possibilities, ala the Cadets show where they marched around the trees and park bench ('94?).

I don't understnad. What does eliminating the cymbal line have to do w/ the lack of impact at a tonal center.

levi

Well technically didn't BD sorta do it this year? I mean wasn't their pit angled from the front of the pit box on the side to some point actually on the field. So technically BD did put their pit on the field this year, well at least part of their pit.