Now that singing has become "acceptable"

well it's not like DCI would actually do a poll to find out what fans want.

why? they'll say cost.

i say they won't like the answers

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

i never assignbed a number to those dissatisfied. i just said i hear it more and more.

that's all i said. your attempts to twist my words into your viewpoint do not support themselves.

IMO, we hear what we want to hear or what fits our personal agenda. I know that I must because I don't hear all these dissatisfied people at shows. Am I saying they don't exist because I don't hear them? No. I'm saying I don't hear them because I hear the people who are enjoying the product and in my world, I guess they drown out the complainers. (In other words, I guess the happy people fit my more positive "agenda" towards todays jr drum corps) That's all.

IMO, we hear what we want to hear or what fits our personal agenda.  I know that I must because I don't hear all these dissatisfied people at shows.  Am I saying they don't exist because I don't hear them? No.  I'm saying I don't hear them because I hear the people who are enjoying the product and in my world, I guess they drown out the complainers. (In other words, I guess the happy people fit my more positive "agenda" towards todays jr drum corps)  That's all.

i hear you guys loud and clear, and i hear those unhappy loud and clear. funny w/as many people as there are on here alone who are unhappy, you'd think you'd have heard them.

And there's nothing wrong with New Orleans because you've only heard a few cries for help.

Because you personally, haven't seen the 500,000 people who lived there complaining.

<**>

That's a new low point - even for you. <**> :wall::wall:

i hear you guys loud and clear, and i hear those unhappy loud and clear. funny w/as many people as there are on here alone who are unhappy, you'd think you'd have heard them.

I see the dozen or so on here. I mean how could I miss them unless I closed my eyes every day while reading DCP? You guys/gals are a small but very persistent bunch here! :P

a dozen? more than a dozen have spoken up, just not as often as some.

a dozen. that's priceless.

looks like 800+ on the news page....a dozen. thanks i needed that laugh

a dozen? more than a dozen have spoken up, just not as often as some.

a dozen. that's priceless.

looks like 800+ on the news page....a dozen. thanks i needed that laugh

Glad I could entertain you. :wub: Now - can you list many more than a dozen who have been vocal complainers here? :blush:

it's all over DCP and the junior forums. it's been all over the rules proposal threads, and in the senior forums as well.

trust me, many, many people have spoken up against ampliication, amplified singing and the rest all over DCp since the day the vote took place.

if you can't see that or don't care to research it, not my fault. it's there, archived for all.

it's all over DCP and the junior forums. it's been all over the rules proposal threads, and in the senior forums as well.

trust me, many, many people have spoken up against ampliication, amplified singing and the rest all over DCp since the day the vote took place.

if you can't see that or don't care to research it, not my fault. it's there, archived for all.

So what? It's legal, and corps will use it as they wish. Personally, I don't think you'll hear tons of singing and narration, but it will happen every now and then....just as happens in band shows. Attendance numbers are high, and DCI has taken some great steps to better market drum corps, such as the ESPN2 deal and the various screenings at Regal.

So...IMO this doom and gloom you keep on posting is just not reality, it's wishful thinking. All this talk of "more and more"..."growing dissatisfaction"...the mysterious "they" who do all these thnigs you dislike is just you not liking something and trying to spin it into hordes of people supporting you, all while the attendance facts DCI puts out prove you incorrect...and the anecdotal evidence as well.

As for "it's all over"....there is indeed (IMO) a small contingent of rabidly anti-DCI-changes people here, and some others who agree with you with less ardor. But...taken against the whole of the DCI viewing audience, IMO that number is irrelevant. A lot of those "it's all over" are the same people posting all over.

Mike