DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

What WOULD be cool is if they showed some of the entire top 12 (at least one minute), and cut out a little more fluff, say 5-8 minutes or so.

I know it's just a selling device for the DVD's, but all the corps that make Finals...especially this year...deserve it.

The other 4 corps in the Top 12 need some love, too. :)

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nit-pick -- but believe it or not I watched some of the Scrabble championships, and although I didn't have my watch on it (like SOME people :P ), there was very little "show me the game" and much more background stuff on the players. So it's not unprecedented for this kind of "alternative" thing on ESPN.

Basically because there isn't anything to see when a player is thinking. Heck, my wife will take several minutes some times. I go get something to eat and watch a little TV. :P

True stuff!

Isn't the melody to Holy Name supposed to be a secret?  Or am I mistaken?  Cuz I just heard it.

I've heard them sing it (as have thousands of others) in stadiums many, many times over the years after finales.

I enjoyed it. A step up in broadcast quality if you ask me, congradulations to Tom Blair and Co. for putting on a great product. Congratulations for DCI to getting our activity in primetime on a major network.

Maybe as the years go by we will get more show and less behind-the-scences stuff, but we will never get the whole top 12 in one broadcast I don't think.

What WOULD be cool is if they showed some of the entire top 12 (at least one minute), and cut out a little more fluff, say 5-8 minutes or so.

I know it's just a selling device for the DVD's, but all the corps that make Finals...especially this year...deserve it.

The other 4 corps in the Top 12 need some love, too. :)

Well, yeah -- I'd certainly *prefer* more content and less fluff, but to be frank, I'm just happy that it's on TV at all. A sentence or two about D2/3 would always be nice, too.

I think I would have enjoyed it for what it was, had they shown the entire championship performance. The vignette about the PR girl with the heart problem was longer.

Or, they could have cut that final montage out, and showed the whole ballad at least.

Other than that, a good first attempt. I'm sure there will be some changes for 06.