DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

The are the ones who are actually gonna be marching in the corps, after all.  B)

right. I just hope the fans stay for their sake. performing before smaller crowds than the corps on the field sucks

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I have to say my blood pressure is way up, so I'm not feeling very well but I wanted to see the show. I'm thinking 2 hours we'll get to see 6 corps, maybe 2 songs or 6 minutes each. I didn't count but I figure we got 30 minutes of shows out of 120. The ads were poorly done and no disversafaction (sic). There should have more companies then just music based companies. This would hae been a chance to market to a wider range of companies. Plus most looked like a 10th grade school project.

This was definitly a tool to grow the activty. I felt this show is not for the regular fan but someone that maybe doesn't know what we do.

I do have to say that all the corps were very good. And from the little that I seen I have to admit that The Cadets were the best that night.

I think it could've been about 10 times worse than some make it out to be...Sure the annoying sports references and endless commercials were distracting...but I think that for what it is (a promo of corps to the public) ESPN did a pretty good job. My only complaint was the fact that they could've spent more time playing actual shows but overall, I was expecting MUCH worse than I got. I was pleasantly surprised, myself.

The ads were poorly done and no disversafaction (sic).

Don't watch the SciFi channel...it's worse, much, much worse.

I hope everybody watches the Marcos Antonio Baraera and Sugar Shane Mosley Fights. I know that will be more exciting the the DCI broadcast. I think PBS did a better job. I miss michael C's commentary. I also think DCI could have done a little better at showing the most exciting parts of each show i.e. the great drum sections could have been shown more. My friend think the Devils, Cadets and Madison were best represented.

I love the big headline on the news section of DCP of the two DCA winners. It's great that DCP reconizes it's champions!

Edited by boxingfred

One more opinion...

If the purpose of the telecast was to get new folks interested in us, then the extra clips are important to get people to understand where these shows come from. However, I think they could have choosen some better clips of the shows to use (Yes, I would also love longer clips, but I will take what I can get). For example, Carolina's "Angle" ballad would have been highly recognized by the average Joe, and the ladder work on the Chicago show was very cool to any high school kid who has ever marched on a flat field. I am not sure the average person flipping through the channels would have understood much of the Cadets' show, but I bet they would have really connected with Phantom's.

Also, I wish they would have shown a non-chick clip of the Scouts show. I love Madison very much, but whenever Carmen was on the field it totally distracted from the drill and music and anything else that may be going on. Over 50% of the clip was on a person who is a "guest performer"-what about all the other folks on the field???

One last gripe-they kept using "Trumpet" as a section when interviewing folks.

Besides all that, I am very happy the show is back on TV and I can get my friends to tune to see what kind of crazy stuff I do during the summer.

Barb Wendt

Govies 1995

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-As long as I can :huh: