Watching the Broadcast at a sports bar

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad SCV didn't make the show (although the clip of them was almost as long as the rest of the corps <**> ) I would have left after that, the channel would have been changed to pre-season NFL highlites, and everyone would have loved their first viewing of drum corps.

Nor is it valid to respond in a manner such as this,  quoting me as saying words I did not say.  Again, the words I did not use:

I did not use the word universal, nor did I use the word hate, not once.

I did use the word stupid, okay?  People thought that "certain" segments of "certain" shows were stupid.  Is that better?

I couldn't care less what words you use. I'm not questioning peoples' opinions of shows.

I don't understand how it's one man's fault.

It would also be the first sports bar I've ever been to where people watch things that are "stupid" without simply changing the channel to something else. Did Hopkins put a spell on them, like he does with the members of the Cadets, who are forced to do such "stupid" things?

I couldn't care less what words you use.  I'm not questioning peoples' opinions of shows. 

I don't understand how it's one man's fault.

It would also be the first sports bar I've ever been to where people watch things that are "stupid" without simply changing the channel to something else.  Did Hopkins put a spell on them, like he does with the members of the Cadets, who are forced to do such "stupid" things?

That's great. Translation: You couldn't care to read what I've said because you know that I am anti-amp and my opinion is not valid.

Let's keep this civil. Without turning this into a flame war, let's get something straight. I did not say that Hopkins made stupid/ruined the broadcast....people thought that 30 seconds of their show was stupid, and for me, like them, those 30 seconds were enough to turn me off (then try explaining why they won by 1.5 points).

The channel was not changed because for one, I frequent the establishment, and I asked the waitress to turn on ESPN2, and secondly Cadets were on last. Changing the channel at that point would have been of little consequence when the last and presumably best corps does something which the general channel flipping public find to be silly.

Edited by Slow Adam

We have ESPN2 and some of us are still whining?? I don't get it.

DCI should be proud of what happened tonight. Some people thought this day would never come but alas, ESPN helped introduce our activity to more people than we can ever dream of. Granted, the broadcast may not have had the slightest impact on some people, but I can guarantee that there were some people watching tonight that had NO idea what Drum Corps was until 9 PM, that liked what they saw and are willing to take the time and effort to understand Drum Corps a little more. Say what you about the broadcast but you cannot deny the class and professionalism that went into the production.

Edited by Danpod

Like I said in the other topic I was highly embarrassed about the percussion scattting into the microphones by cadets. I think it looked extreemly goobery if the casual person was to tune in they would see "band geeks". But hey they won so what do I know.

But I guess that makes puts me in the column of banning the mics and amps... another thread I know.

That's great.  Translation: You couldn't care to read what I've said because you know that I am anti-amp and my opinion is not valid.

Let's keep this civil.  Without turning this into a flame war, let's get something straight.  I did not say that Hopkins made stupid/ruined the broadcast....people thought that 30 seconds of their show was stupid, and for me, like them, those 30 seconds were enough to turn me off (then try explaining why they won by 1.5 points).

The channel was not changed because for one, I frequent the establishment, and I asked the waitress to turn on ESPN2, and secondly Cadets were on last.  Changing the channel at that point would have been of little consequence when the last and presumably best corps does something which the general channel flipping public find to be silly.

Ahhh, thanks for setting me straight. :)

Like I said in the other topic I was highly embarrassed about the percussion scattting into the microphones by cadets. I think it looked extreemly goobery if the casual person was to tune in they would see "band geeks". But hey they won so what do I know.

But I guess that makes puts me in the column of banning the mics and amps... another thread I know.

u no nothing! Cadets were BEAUTIFUL! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Rabbit waffle doo-wop chain wicker riff-raff indeed, Mr. Hopkins. Rabbit waffle doo-wop chain wicker riff-raff, indeed.