There are SO many quality DCA corps now

10 out of 16 open class getting in is a good number.

any more than that, and you're the NHL where everyone makes playoffs. if anything needs to be expanded, it's Class A. if it's going to stay at 10 or more, at least give em 5.

or submit a rules proposal.

Hey Jeff 10 out of 16 isn`t bad unless your 11th eh..... anyways a rule change proposal as you stated is the way to go.

Don

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure i wouldn't want to be 11th. but not a long ago we had 12 out of 14 getting in.

I mean seriously, it's like the NHL if you expand

Why not have Class A on Saturday at 10am, then finals at 7pm for the top 7or8 corps,since 06 or 07 there maybe 15 Class A corps.   Sunday at 10am, the Open Class corps prelims, with the finals at 7pm.

The crowd was fairly small for the class A corps as it was.Starting them on Sunday at 10am would be the kiss of death for the class A corps.

Bottom line is Corps like performing in front of audiences.Many times Corps feed off of the audience reaction.

Keep it the way is is.That seems to be the DCA way of doing thing anyways.

Edited by camel lips

I guess expanding the series to include Labor Day is out of the question?

it could but i wouldn't think it was practical. i think there would be plenty of resistance to it due to travel times, job schedules and most importantly school schedules. that goes for both marching members and fans.

sure i wouldn't want to be 11th. but not a long ago we had 12 out of 14 getting in.

I mean seriously, it's like the NHL if you expand

Actually, DCA has a higher percentage of finalists to total number than the NHL has playoff teams.

In 2004, 16 NHL teams made the playoffs out of thirty (53%). In DCA, 10 of the 16 open class corps made finals in 2005 (62.5%). In class A of course, we had three of six make finals (50%).

Go Lightning!

(About expanding to Labor Day)

it could but i wouldn't think it was practical.  i think there would be plenty of resistance to it due to travel times, job schedules and most importantly school schedules.  that goes for both marching members and fans.

Sorry, but I disagree. That sentiment went by the boards when DCA decided to run I&E and Mini-corps on Friday evening.

Sorry, but I disagree. That sentiment went by the boards when DCA decided to run I&E and Mini-corps on Friday evening.

In general most corps' and participants in all venues have arrived before Friday evening. As opposed to the previous Saturday evening venue it just means you can't get "TRASHED" until after your done. :P

sorry but i guess you've never worked for a company that insists you have to have one day in around a holiday weekend in order to be paid for the holiday.

i.e. you have the choice take Friday off or Tuesday off but you can't take both off.

also you have parents who are willing to have their child miss one day of classes for drum corps knowing that the Friday before a holiday weekend they aren't going to miss much, but they won't have them miss Tuesday as that will be considered a real school day with work, homework, sports practices, etc.