Re: New "intro" for the dcacorps.org web page...

bawker

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As was stated earlier in the thread, flash intro's came and went in the history of "stuff to do on a website". They're cool the first time you watch them, but they get in the way after that.

Other than that, I think the DCA Website is quite functional. I just snicker a little bit when I see the backwards Buccaneer playing a left-handed horn on the side!

you did research?

was this approved of by 4 out of 5 cavemen?

:P

Wow! I didn't know there were as many as 5 cavemen. Will need to do better researching next time... but I'm not buying them dinner!

So, what's their names?

:lolhit:

As was stated earlier in the thread, flash intro's came and went in the history of "stuff to do on a website".  They're cool the first time you watch them, but they get in the way after that.

Other than that, I think the DCA Website is quite functional.  I just snicker a little bit when I see the backwards Buccaneer playing a left-handed horn on the side!

Which is really ironic since the sheep on the trumpet line shirt is also playing left-handed

As was stated earlier in the thread, flash intro's came and went in the history of "stuff to do on a website".  They're cool the first time you watch them, but they get in the way after that.

Other than that, I think the DCA Website is quite functional.  I just snicker a little bit when I see the backwards Buccaneer playing a left-handed horn on the side!

Yeah, that's going to change. I asked our photographer to send me an image immediately. He's still not done processing the hundreds of pictures he took. So, I had to flip this one because it didn't look right with the trumpet player playing "out" of the page.

On the other hand, people outside our activity that visit us for the first time, will have no idea that the picture is backwards, so its all good :)

i didnt notice...but if it was reverse traditional, ala 98 DCI i would pick up right away...

Well, whatever.

The intro is cool, and "Drum Corps for the People" is a Genius marketing slogan, IMO.

So us old pharts are now called cavemen??  Wow!!!  ^OO^

Depends, can you use GEICO.com? ^0^