Famous people in Drum Corps

dcf06

Skip Prokof drummer of the Rock band "Lighthouse" (of One Fine Morning fame) marched Toronto Optimists.

Hmm, I met a "famous" drummer at finals this year while hanging out with the Bonfiglios...Larry Finn, a 27th Lancer alumnus is a professional drummer, he has played with Blood Sweat & Tears and others, I did a "google" on him...He told me he marched 27th Lancers 79-82. :) Nice guy...

Sorry if someone posted this already, but...

Karl Hunter, saxophonist for Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, was in the Velvet Knights' pit in 91 and 92.

Edited by EdMedina

Hmm, I met a "famous" drummer at finals this year while hanging out with the Bonfiglios...Larry Finn, a 27th Lancer alumnus is a professional drummer, he has played with Blood Sweat & Tears and others, I did a "google" on him...He told me he marched 27th Lancers 79-82. :) Nice guy...

Larry is an awesome set player who is well known throughout the industry. Check out his home page: http://www.larryfinn.com/. I could tell you stories about the shy littlte kid that joined the Lancers ...... but I promised Larry to take them to my grave with me b**bs

Edited by john2780

I was just wondering, who is now famous marched drum corps. I heard that someone from the band Slipknot marched a corps. Any one else that you know of...

Jeff Kievit, Muchacho's soprano soloist extraordinaire, is a well known trumpet player in NYC...plays Broadway shows all the time...he was in the pit when I saw "Ragtime" a few years ago..and is on the cast album.

Mike