Corps Id Like to see Back in DCA

Quinny

Top of my list:

Rhode Island Matadors.  One of the most entertaining corps in DCA history, IMO.

Fran

I agree!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the Chocolatiers from........

OK where were they from again  ^0^

Seriously another corps with roots from the 1920s. :blush:

but then Richie may want to be DM again....

:sshh:

but then Richie may want to be DM again....

:sshh:

But can he direct with a beer in his hand? :P

Oh how about....PHASE II? From the Buffalo area, did that ever get off the ground? Anyone?

Yea, Boys (Spirit) of 76. America's OLDEST drum corps (until they went inactive). I marched with them in the early 70's. Anyone remember our "screech," Jim Stapleman? Know what he's doing with himself now?  :blush:

Also the Chicago Connection and "Big Louie!"  b**bs

-- Thom  B)

Jim spends a LOT of his time on the golf course. His famous chops are gone forever since he came down with bells paulsy (sp?) which has left him with no control over his left facial muscles. It hasn't affected his golf game though, and outside of that he's doing great! Ole Stapes could sure wail!!!!!!

I have photos of them from the Erie sping show,...................a lot of recognizable bodies in those photos,....................

Please tell me you have a recording from that show. cassette, reel to reel, 78 rpm... anything, I don't care. It was our only performance and I have never heard it. I had a bari solo in the shahairazade (sp) concert, never heard it. I would like to see the photos if you have them in digital. I think you have my email address.

Please tell me you have a recording from that show. cassette, reel to reel, 78 rpm... anything, I don't care. It was our only performance and I have never heard it. I had a bari solo in the shahairazade (sp) concert, never heard it. I would like to see the photos if you have them in digital. I think you have my email address.

I have them in hard copies,.............that was the 70's, no digitals back then, but I could scan them and send them along,.................I guess now I need to find them, eh?