Corps Id Like to see Back in DCA

Quinny

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knights of Noble Callaghan...also from the Albany area.

Those of you that know me, know why I would like to see this corps back...

Donny

Knights of Noble Callaghan...also from the Albany area.

Those of you that know me, know why I would like to see this corps back...

Donny

I think I know you Donny, and I can't figure out why you would like to see The KONC back? If I recall, they were around back in the mid 80's.... 86...88 area.

they looked like a junior version of the Statesmen, their uniforms looked a lot alike. Their average age must have been about 13. The whole corps put together could't have been more than 30 kids.

So tell me Donny, why? :ph34r:

Benny...

I just cant tell you on this forum. But if you think about it for awhile it may occur to you.

Donny

OK since Noble Callahan came up how about CMCC Warriors (Sr) and Pine Tree Warriors/Maines' Marching Ambassadors for some Class A action.

Milton Keystoners anyone???

Yes, Marksmen were a very competitive corps in the DCA 2nd echelon. How about Princemen, Archie and Reilly? The latter two merged in 1968, I beleive. Some others, gone but not forgotten: Fulton Gauchos, Kithchener Flying Dutchmen, Seneca Chiefs, Warren Cornplanters, Westmorland Esquires, Kingston(NY) Criterions, Maumee Demons, Hamburg Kingsmen, Dunkirk Patriots, Toronto Ambassadors............

My father is an ex-Esquire...anybody know where I can score some CD's with their early to mid-60's era music on them?Thanks!

My father is an ex-Esquire...anybody know where I can score some CD's with their early to mid-60's era music on them?Thanks!

I had a 1964 Stet Richmond 7" recording of them. Found it in our basement just yesterday. Had to throw it out as it was ruined by mold. Sorry

Yankee Rebels (please!!!)

It would be soooooooooooo nice! ^OO^

Im sure this kind of Posting has been done before.. and will be done again but thinking about the past year .. I have a list of Corps Id love to see back in Competition. Feel free to add on to this list.

Guelph Royalaires

Kingsmen

Capitol Brass

Excalibur

Chicago Vanguard Sr.

Sound Of Long Island

Grey Knights

Nightstorm

Soundwave

Les Dynamique

Generations

Lehigh Valley Knights

Steel City Ambassadors

Les Metropolitain

Westshormen

Well, I don't know so much about the others, but three of those corps couldn't possibly be out at the same time, since they all were comprised of the mostly same members at different times. And, they all trace their ancestry back to another corps someone else named.

Pittsburgh Rockets ---> Steel City Ambassadors ---> Soundwave ---> Nightstorm

As for me, if I could have a Way-Back Machine, I'd restore the Steel City Ambassadors. I think they join the Yankee Rebels as the two corps that got Oh-So-Close to winning, but never did.

BTW, if I recall correctly, the Grey Knights remnants helped put Nightstorm on the field too.