Underrated Brass lines

AzEuph

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1990 Freelancers: The Bat owns you.

Yes, I forgot. Most definitely. 1991 also....especially the end of the opener. :angry: all this reminds me....

NINETEEN EIGHTY EIGHT FREELANCERS. hoiwrhoginiwrf4fp. The E.T. show. yes.

1989 was a better show with better music, but the hornline seems a bit less aggressive.

Edited by Jared_mello

Cadets '97....quality of sound may have suffered because of the nearly perpetual motion, but when you're playing one of the hardest brass books of all time and running your ##### off, I can forgive that.

i would agree with you if more than 1/3 of the hornline was playing during that show... and i mean, honestly... besides the first run segment it wasn't that amazingly difficult of a book. but whatever.

1997 The Cadets - One of the hardest scores for any brass player out there.

2001 The Cadets - Any horn player can tell you that was one magnificent hornline performance. The score, the runs, the rhythms, the solos, the pure essence. This one will stick out to me (and many) as one the greatest hornlines ever, regardless of Blue Devils' 20 other high brass awards.

My list...

88 Dutch Boy.... Some Darn good soprano work

89 Dutch Boy.... If you can get vids of their 1/4's show, it was dang good, the semis recordings have some issues with the mellos.

1991 Freelancers - That Bari lick near the end of Bells...####!

1992 Glassmen - I like that line better then the 93 line

1993 BAC - I just like the show, music alone, they are in my top 12 that year

1997 Magic - Their 1/4's show was fantastic, that hornline got ripped that night and didn't match it the rest of the week.

1997 Colts - The back of their tour shirts.... Play RMFL!!!

1997 Blue Stars - Yeah I was in it. Too bad we stunk it up in 1/4's because the rest of the week we where on fire. I think it was because we didn't practice after II/III finals. We won brass both nights (9.8 in finals).

2003 Scades - That was a hard book.

Edited by bssop97

cap reg did have a fun hornline to sit in front of this year...and last year...

but i don't know, it seems to me like everyone is missing the point of the word UNDERRATED...if you're hornline is making top 5 forever, they're probably not underrated...so this would count out your blue devils, cadets, scv, and cavaliers votes...how could you call a group underrated that finished so high in the rankings on a consistent basis? naming off underrated corps (to me anyways) means giving credit to corps that don't usually get the credit for what they did because everyone can't let go off their nuts while talking about the top 5 horns...so with that said...

i thought blue knights this year sounded waaaay better than last year

same with southwind this year too

2001 The Cadets - Any horn player can tell you that was one magnificent hornline performance.

Okay Rondinaro. :P

Freelancers 1988

Southwind 2000

Pioneer 1999 Small Hornline, but WOW! Go listen to your Cd's

Boston Crusaders 1993

Shane