Suggestions for Renegades 2006

My show concept (probably wouldn't be done by renegades, but a good challenge for any/all corps):

"Fanasties and Visions"

Songs are:

Selections from "Spanish Fantasy" By Chick Corea with "Visions of Flight" sandwiched in as the ballad and as a little refresher before a grand finale of S.F.

Granted, this would be going into Cab territory. However, I believe this would be very well received and unexpected from the Renegades and it would be a good thing to hear for Drum Corps Fans.

Just a suggestion....

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! For the first year ever, Rocky Horror Picture Show didn't make the first page of suggestions!!

Not that I have anything against Rocky Horror... it's just, as drum major, I refuse to wear only a gold speedo! :angry:

This is an interesting thread. Keep the suggestions coming!

See you on the 50,

- Greg

PS: Is it too late to suggest a show featuring 10 minutes of Polka? <runs and hides>

The trilogy is complete.

Then it's on to the prequels. :P

I'd add O Basteria to the Rush list. B)

I was listening to Regiment 1993 just yesterday, and it dawned on me that Death Hunt (the closer) would be a great fit for the Renegades. Listen to it, and imagine the power of the Renegades horn line playing those licks.

It's also very dark and brooding, fitting the style of the Renegades very well.

I was listening to Regiment 1993 just yesterday, and it dawned on me that Death Hunt (the closer) would be a great fit for the Renegades. Listen to it, and imagine the power of the Renegades horn line playing those licks.

It's also very dark and brooding, fitting the style of the Renegades very well.

/threadjack

Hey, Poodle, not to go off topic or anything...but what's up with Livewire? Making a comeback? Cool beans if it is...was a favorite of mine here.

/end threadjack

Death music, Funeral music.

Selections form various Requiems (motzart, verdi, bethoveen? maybe elington, kenton, or maynard did a Requiem in Blue.

Expand it to the Rock and Roll realm with Stairway to Heaven, Funeral for a Friend, Electric Funeral, etc.