WHAT JR CORPS HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO COME BACK

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...

Craig brother--I think that whatever trouble VK had legally speaking would follow the "name" no matter what division they chose to be in. I could be wrong, but the Exec Dir of Impulse is a legal genius. I'll ask him about it later. I think also that VK/Kingsmen coming back as a senior corps has already sort of been done with the creation of Dream.

27th on the other hand would have NO problem coming back as a senior. All we have to do is look at Bridgemen for that example of what can be done. Also, I would like to think that Sky Ryders could do it. I don't know why...but I just do.

27th is sort of back in the guise of the Light Brigade right?

Here are some that should be considered....

Royal Crusaders...so many good drum corps people down there

Blue Rock.......we need a rep from Delaware

Bleu Raeders

Charioteers....add some more DCA South corps with these two

Argonne Rebels....That area need to be represented

27th is sort of back in the guise of the Light Brigade right?

wrong. Light Brigade has no affiliation with 27th... They are doing this under there own management, and some 27 alumni dont like it, from what I understand

~>conner

The Anaheim Kingsmen ARE coming back!

A new junior corps,the "Kingsmen Starcorps" will be taking the field, along with an Alumni Corps that will perform in the 07 season.

WELCOME BACK BIG BLUE!!

Edited by Bob Brady

wrong. Light Brigade has no affiliation with 27th... They are doing this under there own management, and some 27 alumni dont like it, from what I understand

~>conner

You are correct on that point. I was there at the beginning of that group. It was originally called 2-7 Alumni. The idea at the time was to let George B. sit back and let his kids run the show (at least that's what I was led to believe) but that turned out to be not the case. That's when I pulled out and apologized to George B. for being a part of it in the first place. The original focus was lost. It became a "I'll show George B." kind of thing. There's a lot more inside stuff involved and not for all to see in this forum.

I still speak with people from Light Brigade from time to time (my 2nd cousin is still a big part of it) and they insist they're not trying to be the Lancers. But as long they continue to play Danny Boy and wear the khaki, what are people supposed to think? Bottom line, because of this, there will never be a chance to re-form the real 27th Lancer Alumni in any way shape or form. What a shame!

I'd say the Kilties have a GREAT chance.    :P

Mike

:blink:

That's NOT funny, Mike!

Pat

I wouldl ove to see the Freelancers come back... as something. Junior of Senior. I LOVE that corps, with a passion.

~>conner