Whats going on?

you dont know what you are talking about.

well that's probably why the poster asked everyone to clear up a few points for him. instead of just posting what you did, how about providing something useful to the the conversation. that's one thing i've never quite grasped around here, if you want rumors to stop, then explain the right answer rather than just saying, "you don't know what you're talking about"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, its easier to yell at someone for ignorance than do that.

The original poster didn't exactly ask if it were true, but moreso state it as fact.

I think the problem with these kinds of rumors are there are people online, on this board who continue to put them out there, and sadly some of them are not even part of the organization.

This whole thing implies that everyone would prefer to march Cadets if they could, which is not the case. Crossmen have a history, tradition, and style all their own, which many find more appealing than the Cadets.

I'm sure there are many who auditioned for or marched Crossmen because they love the Crossmen. Not as some kind of 'Plan B'.

This whole thing implies that everyone would prefer to march Cadets if they could, which is not the case. Crossmen have a history, tradition, and style all their own, which many find more appealing than the Cadets.

I'm sure there are many who auditioned for or marched Crossmen because they love the Crossmen. Not as some kind of 'Plan B'.

Thank you!

:blink:

Agreed. I can't really think of anyone from last year who wanted to be in Cadets more than Crossmen. I am sure there are a few, but that is the case in any drum corps. I know a guy who marched SCV and then went to Glassmen. And another guy who marched Phantom Blucoats, Glassmen and Blue Devils. I in fact marched Kiwanis, Glassmen and Crossmen. But just as the vast majority of members are not there just to move around, it is the same at the Crossmen, and the Cadets. They are with that corps because they want to be there. And to put it lightly, anyone who pictures the Crossmen as a bunch of kids fawning over the top 5, or the Cadets, is gravely mistaken.

The only grain of truth I can detect in the original post, based upon what I've heard over the years from people associated with one corps or the other, is that if you auditioned for one corps and they counldn't use you, but the other corps still had openings for your instrument, you would be pointed in that direction.

The only grain of truth I can detect in the original post, based upon what I've heard over the years from people associated with one corps or the other, is that if you auditioned for one corps and they counldn't use you, but the other corps still had openings for your instrument, you would be pointed in that direction.

Well yes, and that's also true amongst corps outside of YEA! aswell.

You can try out for either corps on Nov 18-20 in Pennsville or Dec 10 in Dallas or Dec 11 in Houston. I spent two and half days listening to all the kids try out a few years back and can guarantee you that the kids check either trying out for Cadets only, Crossmen only, or Both. There's no pressure on the kids to go either way. It's not like a great kid walks in to try out for Crossmen only and the Cadets guys convince him to march with them, or vice versa.