6:44

Hello, mountain?...meet mole hill.

Edited by Guizeppe

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing new....listen to the last chord in the 1984 SCV show...right before the last three pit notes yo CLEARLY hear "Oh....f### yeah", but it sounds more like a personal observation said a little loudly (or close to the mike) rather than a deliberate get-on-the-recording outburst.

I've always wonderd if that was Hardimon......

As has been said before...the crew that produces the CDs has a million things ontheir plate...missing one utterance in a four hour block of mucis is understandable.

You heard it, pointed it out to DCI, they're looking into it....perhaps in time to edit it on the DVD. What else do you want them to do? At least they're dealing with it rather than blowing you off.

As far as policing the event...exactly how do you propose to police an entire stadium of people? You can't....you just have to deal....I'm fairly certain DCI will spend some time in the future listening for stuiff like this.

I understand that this kind of profanity does take away from the "family show" aspect of DCI. However, you're purchasing a CD of a LIVE performance. And despite the un-popularity this statement will bring, "Drum Corps is a stadium event." People will probably never agree on whether or not it's appropriate to yell during a drum corps show. I think it is, others think it isn't. Profanity yelled probably isn't right at any point.

But you're purchasing a CD of the LIVE performance. If a plane goes overhead during the show, you get the plane. If the soloist blows chunks, you get the chunks. If someone shouts, you get the F-Bomb.

See where I'm going?

DCI had used semi-final recordings in these kind of cases (BD sops blowing thier solos, 'Coats sop coming in a beat late, etc.). So they aren't without options or precidence.

Edited by sburstall

Yes,I am blaming DCI.

People ,organizations etc need to take responsibility;

something very much lacking in today's socirty.

We need look no furtherf than the mlb sterioud case.

Anyway,it is now a CD I can no longer give as a gift to others.

I especially cannot give it to a friend's family who attended their 1st show at Gillette.

<post removed - personal attack - BDL> :laugh::laugh:

I would suggest cutting the personal attacks. Stay on topic please.

You have to REALLY listen and be listening for it to catch it, IMO.

Its a dirty word, big deal. We've heard them before, and most of us have even said them a time or two.

I think we should move on from this.

But you're purchasing a CD of the LIVE performance. If a plane goes overhead during the show, you get the plane. If the soloist blows chunks, you get the chunks. If someone shouts, you get the F-Bomb.

See where I'm going?

I know there have been incidents of editing the musical content for the CD...(i.e., inserting a portion of Semis or Quarters to cover up a bad performance on finals). This has occurred as recently as Cadets 2001.

Not that I'm necessarily a 'live performance purist', but that would bother me WAY more than editing out some idiot's comments. (Not that the editing bothers me at all!)