2006 DCA Championships Location Announcement

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there a Dino BBQ in Rochester??? :rolleyes:

I think I know what you mean but, have a little faith. I hope they have another show like they did this year in W/S again. It was a lot of fun.

I believe the folks in Gold will continue to work hard at promoting our activity in the area. They're a good bunch and are pasionate about drum corps. When you look at what they have accomplished in such a short time, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bar-B-Que and sweet tea as the main food at a DCA finals real soon.

I don't think a little let down will keep them from moving toward thier ultimate goal. WORLD DOMINATION!!! ^0^

I have full confidence in the Gold brothers keeping interest in the activity.

I feel quite certain that it cost the City of WS a lot of money to “submit a bid” and I would not be surprised if they don’t go to great lengths to ‘submit a bid’ if there is no interest in expanding the activity.

For those of you who have sent me hate mail and death threats,,, SAVE THEM.These are my opinions and my opinions alone. Several of you have suggested in private that since my corps has not placed in DCA that I should not have a say in the matter.

Leave my corps out of this. This is America and last time I checked I am entitled to a opinion. My opinion and 99 cents will get you a double cheeseburger at McDonalds.IT MEANS NOTHING!!!!!!

I am putting my full support behind the 2006 championships in Rochester and ready to hit the gridiron.

Closing with a popular term around here

See you on the 50,

Be ready,,,I WILL!!!!!!!!!

Isn't there a Dino BBQ in Rochester??? :rolleyes:

99 Court Street

b**bs

Isn't there a Dino BBQ in Rochester??? :blink:

:beer: I love Dino BBQ.......I was just there last week :lol:

Oh yeah.......they have an incredible beer selection too :rolleyes:

:blink: I love Dino BBQ.......I was just there last week :beer:

Oh yeah.......they have an incredible beer selection too :rolleyes:

Beer selections are always good.

BTW no hard feelings on this end to all the people who sent me hate mail and death threats over the last few months.I realize that this has been a passionate issue for both sides.Both sides had the opportunity to let the powers at be know exactly how they feel about the activity.

As a matter of fact,,to those people

First round is on me. :mmm:

Edited by camel lips

BTW no hard feelings on this end to all the people who sent me hate mail and death threats over the last few months.

never sent hate mail or a death threat.

mis-spelled your name once accidently.

so does that still qualify me for a beer? :P

never sent hate mail or a death threat.

mis-spelled your name once accidently.

so does that still qualify me for a beer? :P

Always looking for that FREEBIE..aren't you???? b**bs b**bs

Edited by hurcwave

sure, I move 3000 miles away and they bring DCA to Rochester... oh well... I'll be there - and get to play with all the grandkids.

Hotels in Rochester can be a little pricey but cheaper than Scranton... the main thing is - they are plentiful.

Remember at just under a million people in Monroe County - Rochester is significantly bigger than Scranton. There is plenty to do and see. George Eastman House Museum is a must and Allen Buell Business Manager of Empire is the PR man there... Can you say "private tours?" of course I expect him to be one of the show chairman so he may be a bit busy that week.

TIP to all Drum Corps Planet people... without staying downtown and paying the price... the best bet is the Best Western Diplomat at the intersection of Lyell Ave. and I-390. This is 5 minutes straight into the stadium. Very nice place - great old fashioned breakfast joint across the street and one block east of Nick Tahoe's... what more could you ask for?

Most downtown hotels are just about in walking distance... a bit of a hike but not bad...

The next group of less expensive hotels that are an easy drive would be on Ridge Road West near I-390... there are a number of them there... and again... an easy shot via the expressway to the stadium... or just go south on Mt. Read Blvd - past Holleder industrial park (Old Aquinas Stadium site - bow your head when you drive by) and left on Lyell Ave.

After that would be anything at the airport...

Bathtub Billies is the current favorite watering hole of the corps people...

No party at D'Andreas it was bought by a church

And also Tom, don't forget about the beautiful Crystal Beach. What an amusement park and the ballroom where you can dance to the sounds of Big Band. Take the Canadiana over from Buffalo...wha?....huh?....Oh that was how many years ago? Okay....Crystal Beach is now lakeside homes and condos. That's right. Can you say East End Fest in Rochester? Great time there.

Yeah Rochester...Congrats!!!!