DCA 2006

Now that its been decided that the show is going to Rochester we need to put our best game face on to make this a great experience for the fans.

WE don't need to talk bad about the area and scare off potential fans.Fans afterall are the reason we do this.

I don't believe I did say anything bad. I know people in both corps and I know they will do an excellent job!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Empire Statesmen have a press release now up for reading on the DCP news page:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/artman/publ...icle_2769.shtml

First of all, all the talk about personal safety seems to a little harsh. This stadium is in the same area as the 1996 DCA and I don't remember any serious problems back then. I also go to many soccer games and baseball games without any punks or gangs ever in sight or causing problems, The Rochester Police are a well organized force that will not allow this community or DCA to be embarrassed by a few undesireables. David Bruni and Alan Buell and the Empire Statesmen are just as qualified as anyone in DCA to make this return to Rochester a major success. The stadium is better than any baseball stadium, and you won't be harrassed by Scrantons wise-### police force in 2006. As a long time member of Drum Corps in Rochester( Grey Knight Lancers - Culver Ridge Statesmen - Rochester Crusaders- Pheonix - MIghty St. Joes Alumni- Empire Statesmen - Ghost Riders - Hitmen) and as a current member of PRIME TIME BRASS I would to thank all those involed for bringing DCA to back to Rochester and to DCA for what I beleive is the right choice. On a personal note, to all my close freinds from CABS and BRIGS and the ALUMNI circiut, it will be an honor to have you over for a little Italian dinner-- JOHNNYTATA STYLE!! Be safe everyone and a great holiday season.

My first exposure to Rochester for drum corps was DCA 1975 at the old Hollender Stadium. Great memories. Great show. (go Sky) Went back with Kilts in 96 and 97 for the St. Joes standstill. Nothing but good. Remember this town KNOWS drum corps. Lets all go out and make it a weekend for the history books. Lookin foward to being there with Lakeshoremen and going a little higher next year. See everyone there. B)

First of all, all the talk about personal safety seems to a little harsh. This stadium is in the same area as the 1996 DCA and I don't remember any serious problems back then. I also go to many soccer games and baseball games without any punks or gangs ever in sight or causing problems, The Rochester Police are a well organized force that will not allow this community or DCA to be embarrassed by a few undesireables. David Bruni and Alan Buell and the Empire Statesmen are just as qualified as anyone in DCA to make this return to Rochester a major success. The stadium is better than any baseball stadium, and you won't be harrassed by Scrantons wise-### police force in 2006. As a long time member of Drum Corps in Rochester( Grey Knight Lancers - Culver Ridge Statesmen - Rochester Crusaders- Pheonix - MIghty St. Joes Alumni- Empire Statesmen - Ghost Riders - Hitmen) and as a current member of PRIME TIME BRASS I would to thank all those involed for bringing DCA to back to Rochester and to DCA for what I beleive is the right choice. On a personal note, to all my close freinds from CABS and BRIGS and the ALUMNI circiut, it will be an honor to have you over for a little Italian dinner-- JOHNNYTATA STYLE!! Be safe everyone and a great holiday season.

the only reason security became an issue is because local people up there...including some big names...pretty much said the area sucked.

having talked to a few people involved, it seems that this is being addressed in a serious manner, which is reassuring.

now as for important questions......

1) is teddy buying a round at Bathtub Billys

and 2) how far is RIT and Hyland Ave from the stadium?

the only reason security became an issue is because local people up there...including some big names...pretty much said the area sucked.

having talked to a few people involved, it seems that this is being addressed in a serious manner, which is reassuring.

now as for important questions......

1) is teddy buying a round at Bathtub Billys

and 2) how far is RIT and Hyland Ave from the stadium?

As Jeff has stated all the security issues have been addressed and will not be an issue. The staudium owners are also putting state of the art lighting all over the place so that won't be an issue either.

Questions please feel free to email at:

empirestatesmen2@aol.com

Give us a chance and we hope to thrill you!

Allen Buell

Business Manager

Empire Statesmen &

Local Chairman

2006 DCA World Championships

Jeff,

As far as distance from Hyland Ave. and RIT I would say about 15-20 minutes. Me buying a round at TUB's...probably a really good chance.

I was thinking of pissing off my neighbor's and asking Gary to hold the Cab's Thursday night ritual in my backyard. God I would love to see the looks on their faces when the equipment truck pulled up outside my house.

Take care Jeff!

I remember 96 Rochester being a very good weekend (with the exception of......the field itself). Our accommodations were great, and our practice field etc.......

I can't believe it was 10 years ago already. I for one am looking forward to it.

Does the High Falls brewery give tours?

:mmm:

Fran

The Clarion Hotel is across the street from the convention center, which is where I&E's are