Ear Plug Manners

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this seems off-topic and her avatar is offensive. moderator, please protect me!

I second that...I think we need some ### signs in that avatar...totally unrelated to the activity or anything pertaining to it. Thanks for the protection, DCP!! You my boy Blue!!!

I dunno, I'm an adult. I am not particularly hurt by one word on an avatar, but that's just me. But to answer the question, no. I dont think color of earplugs is relly that big of a deal. The ear-plugs I use don't have a color and you can't really see them. But if someone in the line was using, say, those orange foam ones, then yeah, you might want to consider asking them to get a different pair.

I dunno, I'm an adult. I am not particularly hurt by one word on an avatar, but that's just me.

I'm not hurt by it either, but I think it would be inconsistent for mods to allow profanity in people's avatars when just about every 4-letter word imaginable is ####'d out by the forum filters.

DCP Community Guidelines:

These Community Guidelines apply to all Community communications, including forum posts, Private Messages, chat messages, and all e-mail sent via the Community directories.

You may not use profanity. We encourage you to use our community as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper vocabulary to express yourself. We have word filters in place for the most vulgar terms. Circumventing those word filters is considered a violation of these guidelines and the offending terms will be removed.

Postings should neither reference nor link to illegal activity or contain graphic or overtly-sexual material. Keep in mind that community members are as young as 13 years of age.

For consistency's sake, I've reported this one.

Edited by Galen

But he's evil... it fits his character!

I don't think it's mandatory for them to match. Most people aren't looking at someones ears when they watch a show, and even if they are slightly colored, they really aren't too obrusive. I know some of the Cavies snareline had yellow plugs in 2002. Not sure if they still wear them though.

Awww. dry thy tears the sky isnt falling.

No offence intended with the previous avatar.

All the lunitics have been let loose in California because of budget cuts. You see alot of people around here shouting out profanities at mild mannered folks. The avatar (the previouse one that is) represents the a support club to help deal with it.

Back to the original question. I don't think ear plugs have to be matched. Have you noticed that a lot of soccer players wear different colored socks on each leg?

Some corps may have two colors associated with them. Might be better to allow two different color choices as long as each color is worn in seperate ears. Example left ear is blue and the right ear is red.

Mom

Some corps may have two colors associated with them. Might be better to allow two different color choices as long as each color is worn in seperate ears. Example left ear is blue and the right ear is red.

Mom

What about the Cadets, who step off on the opposite foot? Shouldn't they have blue in the right ear, and red in the left? Then again, why should they have to use blue & red earplugs to begin with...I thought their colors were red and yellow, anyway. This is sooo stereotypical of the people on this forum...always looking for an opportunity to discriminate against the team from the East. Close this down, moderators, if you want to prove to the people that you have an unbiased sense of morale.