What would you field?

I like the way you think, but horns and drums doing guard work? Would this be the same and putting horns and drums in the guards hands and saying "ready and...play"?

They could play a little, just as horns and drums could wave a flag....a little. We need a new breed of multitasking youth.

This thread is neat. I want to see some corps think outside of the box. Most corps out there are formula. I want inovation! No DMs, 20 Contras, 40 mellos, combo snare/tenors, pit center feild. Give me a change of pace DCI.

i think i'll give a shot at your challange.

25 sops(10 of which during two songs will play pic trumpets)

20 mellies

16 baries

10 euphs

20 contras.

91 brass(that alone would be awsome)

44 batter/drums

15 snares(playing a mix of cymbols and glock boxes)

10 quads with the 5th center tom

10 basses(with a coupple of "toys" hanging from it.

drums at one point form up on rotating carts and play hook their drums to it and go to town.

9pit that also will either strap on a drum and march or pick up a horn and march 1 song.

pit is also ead center of the field and the corp marches around them. corp is in all black unifmors, with chrome helmets with black plumes. and reflective sun glasses. except the pit they are in all crimson red suits with hemlets that have fixed face plates so you can't see their faces. also during 2 songs 4 of the pit will march cymbols. while the others dance for 1 song.

the show will be made up of evil/dark sounding instrumental music. openeing with night on bald mountain and closing with Carmina Burana

then again with that much brass. it might haver to be something latin to just let the hornline open up and tear people's faces off, make the skies part, and people throw babies.

Edited by krazyivan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horns and drums doing guard work?

It would take some practice. There would still be those that specialize in visual, but everyone can do something musical and/or visual with the right training and enough time.

I want to see some corps think outside of the box. Most corps out there are formula. I want inovation! No DMs, 20 Contras, 40 mellos, combo snare/tenors, pit center feild. Give me a change of pace DCI.

Yea, verily. As I watched one of those cool 8x8 drill block moves from cavies on this year's broadcast, I thought... They've taken thinking within the box to a new level.

Edited by Eggbert

10 quads with the 5th center tom

Wow. You're old dude. That was like 3 tenor generations ago. :P

Can someone get me a pic of a marching french horn? I know a few high school near houston and austin use french horns while marching...thats why I said what I did.

22 trumpets

12 mellos

22 baritones

14 tubas

(70 horns)

9 snares

5 tenors

5 bases

(19 battery)

35 guard

10 pit

1 dm

Can someone get me a pic of a marching french horn? I know a few high school near houston and austin use french horns while marching...thats why I said what I did.

Just do an Image search on Google for "Marching French Horn"...Here are a couple:

1122SPFrenchHorn.jpg

med_M545S.jpg

Edited by Slow Adam