'Voice of DCI' joins Phantom Regiment

You mean like the way he went nuts announcing Cavaliers as the winners in 1992?

This is really weird. I mean I'm sure he'll do OK as a tour director if that's what Pat wants him to do, but he's the announcer!

This is as weird to me as the idea of Steve Rondinaro working on the cook staff for Magic or something like that...

Brandt was tour director for Troopers many years ago and he's been a contest coordinator for DCI for 10 years. He also was an educator for more than 20 years, and he's been around drum corps for 35 years.

He'll be great as tour manager.

Greg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, 1987 Finals had that radio personality from Madison, the same guy that did Preview of Champions in 1991 and generated controversy by chastising the crowd for booing Cavaliers' announcement of second place (to Star's first place). I actually liked his style, but Brandt's the man! Best wishes for a happy relationship (but there better not be any fudging of score-reading at Finals :lol: )

Dennis - that would be Bill Short and I thought he was a good announcer

but didn't quite have the color and energy of Mr. Crocker.

Didn't Dom Bianculla do Finals in 1975?

Regardless, Brandt's the man. As DM in 1988, I'll always treasure getting to hear him ask me if my corps was ready. That's forever.

Didn't Dom Bianculla do Finals in 1975?

Regardless, Brandt's the man. As DM in 1988, I'll always treasure getting to hear him ask me if my corps was ready. That's forever.

Dom did the CYO Nationals up to about '79 or '80. He had a good voice too.

Oh Man,

Can you imagine being in Regiment...before every full run at the end of the day....

Phantommmm Rrrrrrrrregiment, You may take the field for exhibition.

:blink:

Does anyone else think that this could cause a problem with scores at some point in the season. I mean, Mr. Crocker will most undoubtedly have an emotional attachment to the 2006 Phantom Regiment, so who's to say that he doesn't announce their program with some sort of extra zest...or even a subliminal message.

I think if Phantom is TOO successful this year, we all have to take a look at how Mr. Crocker announced their name, as opposed to the way in which he announced The Magic.

I mean, why should the announcer be allowed to keep The Magic from taking over Phantom Regiment with subliminal messages. It is possible, after all. We are all tired of parity in DCI, and I don't think this situation helps to remedy the problem.

Any thoughts??

Ridiculous. Brandt is a professional, he will give each corps the same treatment. He always has and always will. You have to be kidding me, how could one insert a subliminal message in a corps announcement? Do you know what a subliminal message is? Brandt is good, but not that good. There is no way the announcement of the corps name could effect the score.

this could be a separate thread, but just once I would love to hear Chuck Henson announce a DCI contest. I don't know if his agreement with BOA is exclusive to them, but he's about the best I've ever heard (along with Mr. Crocker).

Great, deep voice.

If you've ever heard Chuck, can you picture: "Joining us from Madison, Wisconsin...." .

(I think Chuck actually was in Madison's colorguard. Can anyone confirm?)

Edited by wolfgang