Pioneer 2006 Show

MikeN

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish music is fine as long as it's an interesting arrangement and played well - and a lot better suited to Pioneer than the "Oliver" production of 2002. I thought 2005 was far and away the best and cleanest I've seen them in years. There was an energy to their performance that was quite nice. They just seem a bit quaint in this day and age - the only real throwback to an old-fashioned, community-based D&B left in Division I (and while that may not be the case, they give off that impression). I'm not sure that can complete with the state of the art of drum corps in any fashion, but I'm always glad to see them.

Always a fan of Pioneer... Don't change the image of your corps just because certain people find you "boring"

Best of luck in 2006, I'll be cheering for you!

Rick Kirby was my high school band director. He is an amazing composer. If he's doing the brass arranging, you can be sure that it will be awesome. Something to look forward to.

I also get bored with the Irish music. However, I respect Pioneer for staying true to it. I would never be able to do the same "type" of show year after year.

One of their best shows was 1997 - Riverdance. Kinda Irish, but a great show for them. Let's see what they do with this...... By the way, is Scott Stewart still with them?

P.S. I wish they would go back to the uniform from 1997. Black Pants, White Top and the feather. That was a pioneer looking uniform and was clean cut.

Edited by DCIAGEOUT

Will we get to hear Variations On an Irish Drinking Song this summer?

Pioneer not doing Irish music, is like Cavaliers having boring drill.

doesn't happen.

I can't wait for a show description.

~>conner

While I certainly respect tradition, I think it should never be used as an excuse to not try something new.

Like every other corps, Pioneer has had some great shows and some not so competitive shows. I blame the concept though and not necessarily the genre.

I personally would like for Pioneer to go back to either the Khaki pants or the white uniforms. The black is too much imo (but no one pays for my opinion).

Best of luck this summer Pioneer! B)

One of their best shows was 1997 - Riverdance. Kinda Irish, but a great show for them. Let's see what they do with this...... By the way, is Scott Stewart still with them?

P.S. I wish they would go back to the uniform from 1997. Black Pants, White Top and the feather. That was a pioneer looking uniform and was clean cut.

YEA.......someone else who really remembers the 97 show. I loved that show and I ALWAYS look forward to seeing Pioneer each season.

I will ditto what others have said "Keep the Irish Themed Shows Coming"

Triple Forte

Khaki pants!!!! Oh no. Maybe bring back the spats too! Then pray that you are not on the visual staff, because that is just asking for trouble. Not knocking your opinion, just feeling for anyone that would have to clean feet with that look.

I do miss the pimp feathers in the old hats (3 hats ago, the ones up to 97). Those things had to be at least 2 feet long. My favorite part of the old uniform. Very cool, but fell out of the hats a little too often.