DCP for sale?

Eddie

Read back a few pages that the only personal info in the database is email address and what we put in our profile. (Info supplied by George)

Question: If a member removes their personal info (DOB, hometown, whatever) from the profile is it gone from the database or saved somewher (backup files,etc.)?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure youve given prospective new owners something to think about as to what accepting money from you will mean when they make a decision you dont like. I would guess George never envisioned his selling his site would be considered betrayal by people whose donation evidently entitles them to trash him.

You don't have to worry about me, I won't be donating money EVER again, I don't care what the new owners do. I really don't care what the new owners do, that is not the point here. It is HOW THIS WAS HANDLED. I haven't trashed George, thanks for checking, I've stated how I FELT, there is a big difference.

For those of you wondering about privacy, I just wonder why you chose to trust DCP with your private information in the first place? Why was the current owner part of your trusted circle? Really, when it comes down to it, unless you have met George and the folks that run this site, can you really trust them? I am siding with George on this one, I doubt anyone is going to spend thousands of dollars for private info when the same can be had for hundreds elsewhere.

So I have no probs with the privacy issue, I think things will be OK.

But I do have a prob with how this was done by George. From evidence given here so far, single-handedly done, with no prior involvement or warning to the community or to the mods. While he has every right to do that, being the owner of it all, all I can say is not fair, not cool. Its seems obvious based on this that George has lost heart for DCP and really could not give a #### about the outcome, perhaps I'm wrong, but if his heart were part of the community rather than acting as a disinterested owner, there would have been a lot more communication about this event prior to it happening.

"....who knows what sh#t will be peddled for truth on this network?

networkmadprophet15.jpg b**bs

Edited by Lancerlady

Second, I hope whoever buys DCP, begins their reign by immediately replacing the overzealous moderators, which is about 25% of them.

:lol::lol:

Lee - Given your day job, what about the proposed sale would put this under the 1st Ammendment?

If someone were to purchase it commercially and donate it to a non-profit trust, would that do it?

(don't ya love people asking for free legal advice?)

You notice the ones who are doing the name calling and claiming we're overreacting, haven't even donated one cent to this website..so they couldn't possibly comprehend where we're coming from... :lol:

Maybe for all the money and time they donated, they didn't feel the need to trumpet their accomplishment?

Just a thought.

But maybe you're right.. they couldn't possibly comprehend where you're coming from.. for all the hours of toil and sweat you put in writing that check or sending off that PayPal (and thank you very much, by the way, they were put to good use keeping the site going all this time), I can imagine you feel like you're entitled to complain about any slight change that ever happens here... even if it IS for the best and all your fears are totally unfounded and based entirely on speculation and worst-case-scenarioism.

It couldn't POSSIBLY be that this might be the absolute BEST thing for the future of this website -- despite your not having been the first to know..

Right.

Wait.. and whine back at me..... NOW!

Stef

Second, I hope whoever buys DCP, begins their reign by immediately replacing the overzealous moderators, which is about 25% of them.

You know what Lee, this may not be a very "moderator" thing to do but I am calling you out on this one. I am just about sick to death of you constantly attacking the mods at this site. Many of us work really ###### hard to try to make sure that this place is welcoming to ALL viewpoints and that discussion occurs civilly and peacefully. Do we always succed? No. Do we sometimes mess up and make a bad decision? You bet, but we are only human. The fact is though, each and every moderator at this site CARES what goes on here. We CARE to make sure that this site is not the cespool that RAMD had become. What have YOU done lately to make DCP a better place? What time have YOU given the site?

Well?

Yeah, how will we corps members and fans be able to talk to each other. I know I still march junior corps, but I have a site called,

http://www.drumcorpscentral.com

Maybe I an help if this site is sold to a bad person.

Edward Mason is a drum corps guy I think as I've heard his name before. This biglou chap on the other hand, does worry me a bit.

Well let me say that you would have nothing to worry about. I have been around Drum Corps for over 40 years played, and belivie in the "family" of Drum Corps. My "Drum Corps USA Communictions systems was the FIRST Drum Corps computer stuff to get out there and I am still here.

If you have any other concerns about me feel free to pm me

--BigLou