DCP for sale?

Eddie

and the original/old motto of dcp returns...

don't like it? leave.

and before you jump down my throats -- it's one i use with the kids on mbp all the time. but they're just #####ing about filters. a little different scenario then the one here.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

George,

I think what is bothering... frightening... most people is the idea that the site can fall into the wrong hands. This site from its inception was all about being the polar opposite to RAMD.

I would hope that after 4 years and thousands of posters there is more to DCP than what it is NOT. At some point waving the bloody shirt of RAMD will become irrelavent (it probably already has) and those who use it to justify their penchant for control will have to find another boogeyman.

I would hope that after 4 years and thousands of posters there is more to DCP than what it is NOT. At some point waving the bloody shirt of RAMD will become irrelavent (it probably already has) and those who use it to justify their penchant for control will have to find another boogeyman.

Yup. That's me. Big Control freak...

Trust me mate, I got better things to do with my time.

I am just trying to illustrate what a lot of people are saying to me and on this site. This site is what it is, like it or not.

I'm also concerned with the privacy issue here.

If the site is sold, does the database that run the forums go with it? If so, then there are going to be some huge legal issues here as the personal information (i.e. e-mail addresses) of 10,000+ users will be sold without the approval of each individual. So the database would have to be terminated upon completion of sale.

:(

What melodrama!!!

'cmon - do you just make this stuff up or do you actually have a grasp of the underlying business law? (rhetorical question).

For goddness sakes, business entities are sold everyday and guess what? ...customer lists, customer history, customer databases, etc. etc. etc. all go along with it. Your legal concerns are silly at best.

So how much does it cost to actually run a website like this?? With the ads above, and people donating their hard earned money for bandwidth purposes and other purposes to keep this site up and running, the question is, is this site in the Red or in the black?

Well let me say that you would have nothing to worry about. I have been around Drum Corps for over 40 years played, and belivie in the "family" of Drum Corps. My "Drum Corps USA Communictions systems was the FIRST Drum Corps computer stuff to get out there and I am still here.

If you have any other concerns about me feel free to pm me

--BigLou

hey I know you :P

What melodrama!!!

I guess it's better than being called a mellophone :P

'cmon - do you just make this stuff up or do you actually have a grasp of the underlying business law? (rhetorical question).

For goddness sakes, business entities are sold everyday and guess what? ...customer lists, customer history, customer databases, etc. etc. etc. all go along with it. Your legal concerns are silly at best.

Not silly at all... if you understand the procedures that take place for such sales to occur. :)

I've slept for 8 hours, woke up refreshed, and am ready to get on with my life. I'll be watching what happens here, but am no longer interested (after this post) in participating in this particular discussion as I now understand there are better things to do. But I will be watching from time to time.

I thank George for what he has created and I wish him the best in whatever outcome may occur. As long as DCP is here, I'll be here, but for now, I have a Secret Santa to shop for.

Edited by bari_benzo

The stockholders would be part of the board who make decisions about the site.

What are 'stockholders'....they are people who own a piece of a company. If some of the folks here in DCP-land wanted to band together and purchase DCP, they would each have a share in DCP...similar to stockholders.

Mike

I know that Mike I was answering someone elses question. And to be honest the way things have gone down here today, I wouldn't want to invest in DCP if some of these people would still be around. Not the way they treat people who try to help them.