What Dont we want to see this year

You could have saved yourself some time and effort. Looks to me like your list could really be condensced to just one item.

your right, I suppose i just wanted to stretch it out a bit

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great list Steve - I'm with you on most of it. The only one I'd hedge on a bit is #4.

You're right about my #4. I was directing my wishes more on the corps than the judging aspect of it. I would like to see more movement into the top 4 or 5, thus creating more excitement. I know that all corps are pushing for that, but I want it NOW! :)

I don't want to see...

Old timers who criticize almost everything about today's drum corps simply because it isn't what it was in their day. This diminishes the efforts and accomplishments of all of us involved in drum corps today.

Young folk who criticize the activity that came before them simply because it wasn't what it is today. This diminishes the efforts and accomplishments of everyone who helped make drum corps possible for us now.

I don't want to see...

Old timers who criticize almost everything about today's drum corps simply because it isn't what it was in their day. This diminishes the efforts and accomplishments of all of us involved in drum corps today.

Young folk who criticize the activity that came before them simply because it wasn't what it is today. This diminishes the efforts and accomplishments of everyone who helped make drum corps possible for us now.

:rolleyes:

In the '70s I got to hear the guys who marched in the 1950s b-word about what DC became.

Today I hear it from both past and current members......

20 years from now ought to be interesting....

...who were one of the biggest advocates for the switch to multi-key brass. And had they been around when the rule finally did pass, you can be sure they would have been at the forefront of adpoting that particular change.

Just sayin'

Interesting. I didn't know that, I thought they were happy on the two valve G's.

It still doesn't change the opinion of many that, on G bugles, they are still the hallmark of good brass sound in DCI. Thus my consternation over the Dark Ages comment.

I heard a lot of lines fall short of that sound on Bb's this year. (BTW, I'm no G apologist--play on A coronets, for all I care, but I do like debate the issue!)

*phew*

:OT:

sorry...

amps are good!!! amping the pit allows the members to play with better technique that will produce a better tone quality. This tone quality is hard to achieve when you have to pound the #%#% out of your instrument. The same thing goes for the drum speak. I would much rather hear it with a good quality rather than having to listen to it while someone screams at the top of their lungs for projection.

Why do we need to have drumspeak at all? I'll listen to the argument for amping the pit, but amping the voices is just ridiculous.

For those who think that drumspeak or anything else like that can't be done....check out Cavies 02. Not necessarily drum speak, but a cool effect none the less.

It was very cool, but imagine if it was amped. I don't think it would have had the effect it did

I don't want to see......

5) have to agree with the ugly guard uniforms. They take away from the show visually I think.

Yes, I'd like to see all the guy guard members dress like guys.

Yes, I'd like to see all the guy guard members dress like guys.

That's something we can definitely agree on. Maybe I'm off, but it doesn't seem like it should be too much to ask, either. :P

In addition to this: Fans that yell during a silent guard feature... <**>

Still a little bitter! :P

Allaina,

I've come to think that a lot of staff members yell on the CDs the same amount if not more than the fans!!! :huh::laugh:

Edited by LaSqueegee