What Dont we want to see this year

Unfortunately, there are those who will complain about the Cadets as long as they exist, no matter what they do. I suppose they have the right to do that, although it does get old.

I have always liked Cadets shows and the way they perform them. What I don't like is Cadets' arrogance (mostly management) and the martyrdom their fans put themselves through.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way...Can you even IMAGINE how upset Jamie and the guard staff would have been?! They only yelled Hector related things in the beginning part of the tango because he did so awesomely on it...

Yeah, that's very much logical. I guess I just made the association before really considering it; people had enough focus problems during that 12 count halt before the entrance without anyone yelling. :laugh:

In that case, I know who it was then; a much more logical assumption, anyway. Thanks for clearing that up for me, heh. I probably would have kept assuming it was the staff for a while longer before anyone caused me to really think about it.

Yeah, that's very much logical. I guess I just made the association before really considering it; people had enough focus problems during that 12 count halt before the entrance without anyone yelling. :laugh:

In that case, I know who it was then; a much more logical assumption, anyway. Thanks for clearing that up for me, heh. I probably would have kept assuming it was the staff for a while longer before anyone caused me to really think about it.

:sshh: People from another corps called it, and it was planned to be during the silence.

As long as we maintain that it is just an opinion. My opinion is that Cavies 02 is the hallmarck of good brass sound. And that was not on G.

As for me, similar to what Jeff stated, I don't want to see any shows that look like they belong at BOA nationals. That means no amped singing, or singing at all really. Not amped vocals. Absolutely ZERO narration. If a show needs to be explained while it is happening, the design team did not do their jobs. And no props bigger than a person. I don't like things that take away focus from the actual performers. Narration and singing makes the hornline and drumline into background music. And big props seem like an attempt at a few more GE thenths.

Totally agree here.

Oh, except for the part about the Cavies.... ^0^

I know its alot to ask, but I would love to have just one season where not a single corps gets screwed LOL

Always seems like theres at least one corps every season that the general consesus is they got hosed in the scoring.

Which one got screwed this year? There's a few minor spots I'd switch around, but I don't think there were any blatant judging mistakes this year.

I just did a quick read thru this thread and some of the postings amused me a bit.

I have been involved in one form or another for the last 20+ years and having heard corps live and on cd I don't honestly believe that the changes in horns (either valves or key) has made any difference in the sound quality of the hornlines.

I really think the horn lines, at least from the 80s, BD and PR are first to come to mind, hold up in quality as well as anything today.

Also, I hated the Drum speak. play it, thats what the drums are for.

It always amazes me how Cadets get so much grief.

I will admit they have done some of my favorite all time shows and some of the ones I liked the least, but at least they are out there trying to do their thing. I would rather have that than rehashing the same thing year after year.

I am tired of "original music", and amplification of any sort.

I am all for evolution of the activity and you have to give things a try so no corps should get bashed for doing something original.

At the same time if their new and original thing sucks, we shouldn't be afraid to say so.

just my .02

Which one got screwed this year? There's a few minor spots I'd switch around, but I don't think there were any blatant judging mistakes this year.

wasn;t shooting for specifics. there were a few just outside top 12 I thought should have been in but I couldn't pick any who should have to go either. just not enough room

I have always liked Cadets shows and the way they perform them. What I don't like is Cadets' arrogance (mostly management) and the martyrdom their fans put themselves through.

oh ####. now ya ###### the Borg off :P