More from the Hopkins blog...

####, if we're going down this road, might as well get SCV to do "Phantom of the Opera" again and actually have Christine out there singing. :worthy:

Why not? Be a great move for the SCV to have a Phantom and Christine sing some of the music, IMO. A very neat way to go 'retro' for them and stay current all at the same time!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how is the Kool Aid? B)

I kid, but really, though...how much is too much with all this? What if the book changes so much that this performer becomes "the show" in and of itself? Does that really lend itself to an ensemble activity?

Perhaps I am the only one who thinks this way, but this year..and this concept... seems to drive home the fact that DCI is no longer the ideological vanguard of the marching arts anymore. I'm not so daft to have not seen it coming, but it's still real disconcerting.

ONE corps picks ONE tune based on what the band did, and now the sky is falling? Corps have been using stuff from bands since long before DCI ever existed...witness the Bergenfield HS sunburst adopted by the Troopers as an early example.

Maybe it's just me, but if my corps had produced some stellar drum and horn lines, I'd probably try to feature them instead of adding cheesy singing. I have been called eccentric, though, so maybe you should ignore my ramblings.

Except, if you read Hoppy's BLOG, the singing being used is not "cheesy" at all.

Geez, I have to fix it again for you.....

On the field, performing their 1971 program, please welcome, Alice and the Scouts.

...there....that's better (again!) :P

Yes but she didn't sing in 1971, making the rest of the corps a back-up band. :sshh:

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

Yes but she didn't sing in 1971, making the rest of the corps a back-up band. :sshh:

You think that seeing a 10-year-old girl on the field, dressed up in costume as Alice, along with the all-guy Scouts, didn't draw people's attention and cause them to focus on her and not the rest of the corps?

:)

QUOTE(DrumCorpsFan27 @ Jan 31 2006, 09:14 PM)

On the field, performing their 1971 program, please welcome, Alice and the Scouts.

...there....that's better (again!)

Geez, I have to fix it again for you.....

...there....that's better (again!) :P

Wait wait WAIT!!

MikeD suggested a show both without amps and with V/R G instruments in replacement of an amped, Bb show?

<fredsanford>Elizabeht, I'm comin' to join ya honey...with a V/R sop in my hand and a cadet-style uniform!</fredsanford>

:P

Wait wait WAIT!!

MikeD suggested a show both without amps and with V/R G instruments in replacement of an amped, Bb show?

<fredsanford>Elizabeht, I'm comin' to join ya honey...with a V/R sop in my hand and a cadet-style uniform!</fredsanford>

:P

Dude,you crack me up. :)

I'm home sick today, trying to get better for camp this weekend...I have all the time in the world to make trouble, so what can I say?